New racer questions??

Discussion in 'General' started by SMonk, Feb 5, 2007.

1. SMonk

SMonk Twisted Moto Racing

5 new riders starting this weekend in Tally. Yes 5 new guys. We don't want you fast guys to run out of people to lap.:bow: It's good practice for you..We are racing in C superbike and C superstock Novice.

Questions:
    We are not preregistered. Mistake or not??
    We are planning to attend the wera race school.

Wiring? My banjo bolts on my brake lines are siliconed. Do I need to drill and safety wire them?? Looked at the rulebook. I think either but someone tell me.

Thanks.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No mistake, we don't do pre entry for the school anyway.

No on the banjo bolts, no wire, no goop.

3. SMonk

Thanks. Mongo.

See you guys this weekend..Feel free to make fun of the new guys...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, usually at this race we're so buesy making fun of the guys with experience when they do stupid stuff the newbies get a pass :D

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

damn, is the season starting already? it's like -5F up here. the flat spots on the trailer tires might thaw out about the time i hit AL.:D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Already hell - we would have had the first race last month if it weren't so damned windy :D

7. swiftscott

swiftscott Active Member

Not 100% positive, but as I read the rulebook since brakeline bolts don't have an (*) next to them, I assumed they had to be safety-wired. (I think the asterisk means silicone is ok)

I've raced a couple of CCS events and they required brake lines to be safety wired, and in general it appears that CCS is a little more lax than WERA on tech inspection. AND since my brakes are probably the #1 thing I DON'T want to fail, I wired them.

Going with five guys should be awesome, if you need anything, look me up. Novice #12, blue and white GIXXER.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Banjo bolts aren't listed at all in our rulebook, just caliper bolts.

9. swiftscott

swiftscott Active Member

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification, while your here....

Header Bolts?

Couldn't find it in the rulebook, but it's listed on the tech inspection sheet.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No on header bolts, need to update the tech form evidently :D

11. swiftscott

swiftscott Active Member

Whew. Thanks again for the clarifications.

12. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

dammit, ya just GOTTA keep bringing it up dontcha????????:tut:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now what makes you think that I was talking about you?

I was :D

14. SMonk

Thanks..

If anyone wants to come down and tell us what we are doing wrong during the day...Please feel free to come over... We will probably have our canopy that says Twisted Moto Racing. We have a bounder RV with a black trailer and a Cedar creek rv pulled by a white dualy. etc...

If not look for two baby blue suzukis and three Hondas with Twisted Moto Racing on them. All 600.

See you Saturday..

15. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

While you're talking about header bolts...it's not required, but if you can see your way clear to do it, I'd do it. I don't know if it's the extreme heat or what, but these have a way of coming loose more often than just about any other fastener.

At the very least, check 'em every morning.

16. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Jack it up....