XM Radio, any good?

Discussion in 'General' started by Major, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

An Monsters in the Morning on Channel 152. :crackup:

2. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

I've had it since right after Katrina...have it in my F-250 and patrol car. I have noticed a lot more commercials lately. I even called and complained about them (as if they care). Anyway, it's better than FM, especially for traveling, but they play a lot of the same stuff over and over. It's worth having, but not the best thing ever by any means.

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I have PIE.
    It works great everywhere.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I actually have a PIE input adapter for the F350 - seriously!

5. Sting

Sting Active Member

I loved it for a while but after 3 years it got old, even with that many options I got boared with it. Might as well go back to being bored with the radoi for free. But, if you are always on the road it is worth it.

6. Rusty

Rusty WERA Code Monkey

I've had it for many, many years. I think it is well worth it, especially if you travel. Lucy and Ethel are the stations of choice for me, but there's a lot of other stuff on there... and the kids love Radio Disney...

I don't hear commercials though... but I keep it on the music channels...

The traffic reporting is "fair"... and the quality on those channels is very low... but I really don't care if I get the traffic reports in CD quality or not... :rolleyes:

Plus with XM you can also listen online...

Well worth it... :up:

7. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

I heard a rumor that Sirius is buying XM and they are merging.

I have sirius and love it. If you like sports along with all the hundreds of music and talk radio and entertainment channels Sirius is better..IMO. Especially if you like the NFL. Nothing better than NFL radio and they broadcast every game during the season. Get the boom box thing to. I take it to the track with me and the receiver goes from truck to the box.

8. ducdone

ducdone Well-Known Member

I enjoy sirius, I never really cared for Howard Stern but he has a great show now. XM is going down hill.

9. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

+1

I got a portable XM for Christmas with 3 free months service and I"m thinking about not renewing it when my free time is up. The sound quality hooked through my home stereo is not good at all, nowhere near the "cd quality" people described it to me. Also mine is extremely sensitive to the incoming signal and the slightest movement or obstacle in front of the antenna will make it cut in and out

10. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

I have a roady for the car and when on the bike I use my MyFi to listen to the traffic.

I love it. I hate listing to the radio anymore, nothing but talk, talk, talk about BS. Some stations have commercials, then there are some that do not. I mostly listen to the ones that are commercial free.

Traffic and weather is good because its just about every 30 seconds, you don't have to wait 15 minutes like with most radio stations. I live in Delaware and work Pennsylvania, the traffic report for this area covers DE, PA and New Jersey - down to the detail of side streets on most days.

11. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

I've got the XM to go radio. I love it, and I'm into the second year. My radio records up to 5 hours for playback later, and I pipe that into the headset when I'm on the bike. :up:

12. I have sirius and love it. Howard Stern, NFL, NBA, ESPN radio, shady45. My reception come in clear, and I dont have noticible pause when changing stations.

13. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Sorry that I don't understand. Can you pay one subscription fee but have several radios? Like how you only need one cellphone account but since it is tied to a particular sim card, you could use it with as many phones as you like.

14. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

You can switch radios, but not over the course of a day or whatever. It's designed so that if you want to upgrade/change out your gear, that's no prob. If you want to listen to more than one device on one account then you pay extra.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sirius comes free with my crappie dish network service. It doesn't totally suck.

I'm getting XM in my next car.

16. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

XM is $12.95 a month for your first system, and like $7 for each additional. I have 2 systems and I pay $19.95 a month.

17. Beaz

Beaz Well-Known Member

I have Sirius a paid the 500 for lifetime seems to be working out now that ive had it for 3 and a half years We took my friends suburban on a trip and the xm didnt have as much heavy metal so i went with sirius depends on what you like

John

18. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Ok. If there isn't some technical or cost reason, maybe they'll switch to the sim card concept at some future point. Seems to me in the long run more people would be hooked on satellite radio if they could pay to activate a single card and use that in their car radio, home stereo and a portable player.

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Opie and Anthony
    Ron and Fez
    Monsters in morning
    Lex and Terry.
    The rhyme

All good stuff. Of course I drive a lot.

BTW, I have a roady xt. i like it just fine. Changing channels isn't easy, but I have, I think, 30 presets. I think that should be enough.

20. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

compare for yourself...if you can listen online at work then you can have a 3 day trial of either..just check the websites and sign up for a trial.