1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dragovolante, Jan 10, 2007.

1. dragovolante

dragovolante drago volante racing

i have a brand new shoie helment i bought last season, i took a small spill and scratched it up alittle. Will it be legal for the season....book says its up to the tech inspector, but what does that really mean???

2. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

It means that a tech inspector needs to approve it. Maybe one will chime in:up:

3. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Are the scratches deeper than the paint job? That is, can you see the underlying fiberglass/carbon/ whatever layer?

4. dragovolante

well

acouple are alittle deep, but not real bad, i painted over them and you can hardly tell

5. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Best thing would have been checking with tech BEFORE you painted it. Usually we'll let it pass if it's only chipped paint, but now you'll have to explain it to someone EVERY weekend, because painted over road rash brings out the red flags with most of us. And if the layer below the paint is damaged at all, it would be a good idea to bring a spare.

6. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

I sent my helmet back to Arai to have them check it and they said it is ok for use. They provided me with a copy of the inspection sheet. Would this be adequate for tech inspection?

7. MGarrett50

I believe that's the proper procedure, but i can't guarantee it. Bring the helmet and all the documentation you got from Arai and see the main tech official when you get to the track.

8. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

you're good to go with the letter:up:

9. dragovolante

thanks dude

i sent it to shoei for the inspection

10. MGarrett50

Let us know how that goes. I thought Arai was the only mfgr. doing the inspection / re-certification thing.

11. dragovolante

shoei sent

i did sent it about a week ago
    they do have free inspection, so i will keep yall posted

12. dragovolante

i did get the helmet back with a inspection letter approving the helmet!! Signed and with a card

13. MGarrett50

Cool. Just bring the letter with you when you come to tech, along with coffee and donuts for the officials, and you shouldn't have any problems. :D

14. dragovolante

haha i can bring the letter, dont know about the coffee and donuts! Unless it gets me brownie points!:Poke: :Poke: