Attention MotoGp Roo's

Discussion in 'General' started by barnacle bill, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

Thanks for the info Bill!

2. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Frank Thomas recalled all their one-piece suits last year for that very reason. A friend of mine low-sided at the end of the back straight at Barber and his Frank Thomas 'roo suit came apart like you're describing.

3. Jimbob

Jimbob Banned

I believe they were recalled for a zipper failure, which did also happen in crash tests done by Ride Mag UK in a comparison article.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jimbob - who do you work for?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They're all Berik, your's included.

6. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

OK, cool. I wasn't aware of the zipper failures or the crash tests. I was just going by the recall letter they sent me.

Man that would be an interesting gig - crash testing leathers.

7. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Don't all racers already do that? You just don't get paid. :wow:

8. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

10. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

zipper failure

yeah, I know about those. had one myself on my jeans during our high school senior trip . went around half the afternoon with my shirttail sticking out of my fly. I was wondering why everyone had such a grin. go figure. always the best. b bill

11. davetx

davetx Member

Actually Oldslowguy was correct. They were recalled last year for a problem with the stitch tension.

12. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

This really blows. I was going to order one of these MotoGP Roo suits this spring.....but I don't want to be one of the guys calling their warranty department rom a chronic care unit, explaining that I am unhappy with my skin grafts, er i mean leather suit.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  13. lawman800

lawman800 What did I do?

My sponsor told me he had 2 MotoGP roo suits returned to him with the same problem that the seams ripped while the leather held and he advised me not to go with them.

14. Ta636

Ta636 Active Member

Roo leathers are actually tougher thatn cowhide, while being thinner. Rossi, Hayden and most other Pro Racers use roo leathers.

I believe the Frank Thomas Strike one piece had a recall from on the batch they distributed from 6/06-9/06

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

At the risk of repeating myself.

16. CALR1

CALR1 Well-Known Member

good thread... thanks for the heads-up!

17. juni5

juni5 Well-Known Member

Man, I was just reccomending these leathers to people...OOops bite my tongue....Too bad, it was looking like they were gaining some pretty good market share..Not anymore

18. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Its really weird-they were tough as nails for the first year or so but something seems very different about the newer ones. I really liked mine a lot but the fit wasn't quite right for me.

19. DucatiDave

DucatiDave Well-Known Member

Just got one of those suits...oh well...such is life.

20. r996

r996 Well-Known Member

GP Motorcycle Leathers

Hey Guys Moto Gp leathers are different than GP Motorcycle Leathers.
    I just talked to Terry Unwin of GP Motorcycle Leathers and he asked me to let everyone know about the two. Thanks Randy Cook