1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did it go at TGPR?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by RZ Racer, Apr 28, 2002.

1. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

C'mon, I want details!!! Who won "my" classes?;) Tell me, tell me now, please?

2. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

the ex's are coming!!! guy name jon jarvis smoked the V5 class on a ex. a guy on a 600 four yam was second and harold page third, and joe p. was fourth. mark you really should have been there, jarvis checked out man.
    bern won form two-stroke, joe was second after he stalled on the grid.
    V5 was the biggest class. i bet it will grow more as the year progreses. if these ex racers keep coming out you have your work cut out for you.

3. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

NO SHOW

Where were you... your endurance team doesn't want you racng vintage anymore? Not sure about the V5 lap times but this guys ex was sweet looking- I think you may have been able to beat him but I guess we will never know... Your RZ looked great too- bright red and getting faster every session... sorry no times on him to make you nervous....:p

4. RZ Racer

Good for Jon!! He won the clubman novice championship last year. What about frd,f500 and v7?
    BTW, I rode a "tune and test" on the rd yesterday. Got the jetting close, but didn't have the right nozzle with me. Performance was, to say the least, entertaining. :cool: Set the sag at both ends, but never got to ride around any turns. I can't wait for cmp!
    What about all the trash talk over 'tacos?

5. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

the "taco" won 250gp:)

6. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Congrats Scott, the bike sounded great. You're right, it is funny to see a big guy on a small bike. :D

Lyn picked up a couple of wins, Buff won, Eric ran really well but had slight mech trouble in V1 with a broken ring, Steve-O's battery shit the bed during V1, Tim's Trumpets weren't running as they should have yet he was up front anyway
    (duh), Harold and I ran into teething probs with our bikes, but the most entertainment I got was from watching Mark in a roadrace tuck on his XS using clipons... no flattracker pose for him.

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Overall, I had a really fun time. Mark, you missed a great food spread put out by the Garlands after the races. This is just one of the elements that makes WERA Vintage way cool! Jon Jarvis is both a friend, competitor, and neighbor. We worked on our bikes all winter together. He rode great. Further, he caught and passed Jamie on his Hawk/RZ combo in Clubman expert. He won that race also by about 10 bike lengths I'm told. Hopefully, I'll be able to improve on my results at CMP.
    P.S. Jon was so impressed with the vintage crowd that he's thinking of buying an RD. I told him he should build an F500 one so you two could "play".

8. AHRMA872

AHRMA872 Well-Known Member

Congrats Scott! Way to go!

I hope you realize how lucky you are I had to skip Tally. :D

You coming to CMP? I can smell the smoked Bul already....mmmmm:eek:

9. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

I think my dad won V4

10. 796

796 Well-Known Member

Vintage was great this weekend! This was the first time I was legal to run V5 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The awards ceremony was especially nice with the food and these new trophies. Thanks to all the Vintage guys for making Saturday a blast.

I am really excited that Joe is coming up to speed quickly on that RZ. It's only a matter of time before we are dicing in some V5 races! :D

11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I don't know about that one Jon. You were smokin!!!! I've got a lot of work to do to catch up to you. However, it will be fun trying. CMP here we come.

12. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

It's not surprising since he's really riding hard these days. Last year he got faster with every race and he surely doesn't seem to be slowing down this year.

13. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Ready to go flat-out thru the Carolina Kink? :p

14. RZ Racer

Yeah, I think we're going to have him start at Putnam. :D

15. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

never been to cmp, but i may go. putnam is 6-1.ill be there. i cant do both wera and ahrma weekends though.
    looks like i may have to mount my bull horns!

16. AHRMA872

Be sure an lube 'em before you mount 'em Scott, that sounds painful.;)

17. Christopher Spargo

Christopher Spargo Well-Known Member

Putnam

Scott, you going to Putnam 6/1? I was thinking about making that trip. Putnam is my friend... ;-)

18. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

We had a great time at TPGR. That was my first time at the track, and after a day of practice, I really liked it. For the first time I actually felt like I was racing, not just riding around. Thanks to all the F-500 and F-RD guys (Scott, Lynn, Bob, Matt etc. for all the help and words of encouragement.) Scoot, I'll be sure to run into you BEFORE the cool down lap next time so it will count.:D See you at Putnam....I know you are sweating it.....

19. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

ive got to go to putnam on 6-1 to keep the "evilwhore"and his yammie down. fat bastard still needs more sorting. to many dam carbs!
    i really need to make it to the cmp arhma round so i can gore those yammahas.

20. AHRMA872

Yes Scott you do need to make it. Hope you do. It'll be fun!