1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 Master Cylinder Question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by SASBK Justin, Dec 5, 2006.

1. SASBK Justin

SASBK Justin Well-Known Member

Can the snorkle that comes out of the master and attaches to the cup be replaced? If so where can I buy them from? There is not a part number.

Attached Files:

2. SASBK Justin

Anyone???????

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

No Yamaha part number, so you definitely can't get it from Yamaha except as a whole master cylinder (#1 in the picture). 2005-2006 R6, right?

The whole master cylinder is still fairly cheap.

4. SASBK Justin

Yeah, you have to buy the whole master for one little plastic piece. Has anyone else run into this problem? There has to be a better answer to this.

5. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

FWIW, on the pre-radial masters I've been using a Suzuki P/N 59672-17C00

I'm using one on my 00 R6 right now with no issues.

6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah, most of those are all the same. Just like the reservoirs are all pretty much the same as well..

7. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Many of the Japanese MC's have interchangeable parts. If your local dealer is willing to help, or they may have the answer already, you should be able to find a replacement.

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Not sure of the difference, but I think that little plastic piece is replacable on the 2003-2004 R6 master cylinder. Could you retro back to that? Still have to buy the whole master cylinder to start, but then you could replace as needed.

9. SASBK Justin

I've done the same thing on 03'-04' R6's. Used a suzuki part for the master, but this ones different. The plastic piece is not held in by a circlip. It sits in a rubber piece that does not remove. I think I'm f'd. I would think someone else has had this problem before.

10. stabber

stabber Well-Known Member

I have a 03 M/C if you need one. I put a brembo on my bike a few weeks ago.

11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

brembo is same way,it sits in rubber.it comes out but not easy