Exhaust Can Slider (Protection) ?

Discussion in 'General' started by bluedevil, Oct 9, 2006.

1. bluedevil

bluedevil Well-Known Member

The slider is great except if you have an 06 R6.... There isnt an mounting bracket to attach a slider too.... Its attached to the rearset and a slider would prevent your foot from being able to rest on the peg...... So this is a perfect option for an 06 R6 application.... I believ the 06+ Gixx 6 is similar as well....... In addition a set of frame sliders are like $40 plus.... This is more cost effective IMO.... Agreed on the slider keeping the bike a bit more off the ground though..Unless it snaps the hanger bracket or slider right off, then its no help....

Ill be ordering me a set shortly.......

Thanks for all the pics and discussion...

2. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

Here's the one I purchased from APA in August:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He said he'd send me the new one with the heat shield back on October 3rd, but I haven't heard or seen anything more from him about it. Oh, well.

I still wish I could get all the glop off my muffler.

Robert Patch

3. bluedevil

:confused:

4. APA

APA Well-Known Member

That appears to be a pre heat barrier model.

Robert - What bike was that one mounted on? I have only had a few melting issues with reverse flow KTM's and 1 XR650 and have sent the new Heat Barrier kit to rectify the problem and stand behind my products 100%

5. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

It is an XR650R with a Big Gun muffler. Otherwise stock/uncorked.

6. APA

APA Well-Known Member

So Robert yours was the XR. I never saw any pictures but, I sent out your replacement long ago.

I would have thought that if you had not received it, you would have contacted me long ago. IM me your contact info and I will send you another.

Follow the New instalation instructions and you should be good to go. :up:

7. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Make sure you use the heat shield ...

[​IMG]

8. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I found some black pneumatic hose (reinforced rubber) at work. I am going to try it. It shouldn't have any melting problems...plus it is free.

9. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I have them on Both my DRZ's (mine and the wifes), I had one melt when I had the stock pipe on it but was quickly sent a replacement with heat sheilds for both.

On the TI yosh pipes with the heat sheild they are holding up well and at the price of the TI yosh seems like a great way to keep the pipe off of the ground.

I would also like to say when I had one melt it was quickly replaced, Good product and great service.

:up:

10. APA

APA Well-Known Member

Still waiting for your IM to send you another with the Heat Barrier. :up:

11. APA

APA Well-Known Member

Still waiting to send your Free replacement with the new heat barrier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. APA

APA Well-Known Member

RPatch-Since you are not replying I am going to assume that you did receive the replacement.

13. bluedevil

Robert: Do you have one that will fit the 06R6 Hexagonal Akra pipe? Im just wondering if it will reach all the way around it...?? Let me know Im interested in placing an order shortly... thanks

14. APA

APA Well-Known Member

I walked around and measured every muffler I could find at the Indy dealer convention last year. Funny thing is no matter what brand or shape the circumference was the same. 1 size Fits all mufflers. The only difference is the inside clearance. If it tight run the small. If you have 3/4 inch clearance run the full. When you place an order make sure you let me know it is for SM or Road Racer. The heat barrier is slightly different.

15. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

So on my drz400sm, i use the large one? Let me know and I'll order one asap.

16. bluedevil

Very good... Thank you

17. APA

APA Well-Known Member

The large works great on the DRZ-SM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. bluedevil

Just ordered mine and paid.... Looking forward to getting and installin it...

19. APA

APA Well-Known Member

Order received and being packaged. Thank you!

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I got one for Christmas and was going to try it. The pictures of it melting on my pretty new can is a bit worrying however. Heat shield alone will prevent that?