4-stroke bias?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA33, Dec 4, 2001.

1. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

tim,
    V4 is four stroke only. it would be cool to see you guys in the same class. maybe you can influence the big guy.

2. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

tim,
    V4 is four stroke only. it would be cool to see you guys in the same class. maybe you can influence the big guy. V3 did allow for f500 bikes to bump last year. now that morrow is not racing an rz V3 would have been his second race for next year.

3. Tri-309

Tri-309 Well-Known Member

Yes, your right.v-2 v-4 and f-2stroke are in the same race.I do know v-3 is supose to be a cross over to draw 750sportsmen guys.I hope they come out to play but our competition my be to tough for them.If they don't show for o2 mybe a good change for 2003.I hope my statement about our competition lights some one up even the man (Tempel).we never have to leave the east to race every month.

[This message has been edited by Tri-309 (edited 12-07-2001).]

4. Tri-309

5. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Oh my. Since I race V-2 with my TD-3, I won't be able to bump up to F-2-stroke with my F-500 2-stroke. What a shame.

Fred

6. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

hi fred,
    looks like theres at least five of us on the BBS that will miss out on a race. im sure there are some other guys that were planning on bumping up that dont post. i hope that the ahrma sportsmen guys show up. its for their benefit.

7. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Well, at least I'll be able to to see how fast a 70+ HP RD is if Spargo races with us in F-500. Now is that 70+ HP at the rear wheel or at the crank?

Fred

8. Tri-309

What hurts you guys is last year you could run 2-srokes in 3 but, we didn't see but a few.Now you can't, suddenly people want to run there.Whats the deal?We all have race conflicks if you want to run multible classes on a couple bikes.I have to decide what to run for 2002 myself. [​IMG]

9. Christopher Spargo

Christopher Spargo Well-Known Member

It's 70+ at the finish line... ;-)

Seriously, HB pulled 72.4 on the dyno at MMI with absolutely fresh EVERYTHING. I'm sure it's not making that day to day, as I'm not a monument to regular maintenance. However, that was over two years ago, and I'm certain we've improved on that spec, at least in rideability alone.

I just hope I get my collarbone fixed in time for the spring. It's got a universal joint in the middle of it right now. Wish I knew how to get it healed better. Maybe I'll start a "broken collarbone" thread.

cjs

10. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Actually, I quit bumping to V-3 after the first race of last season (after running it regularly years before) and didn't intend to run it next year. I just figure I should post as much nonsense as possible so we will have a big lead in posts over the endurance guys after they wake up from hibernation.

Ciao,

Fred

11. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Chris, I broke mine pretty bad back in '97, two weeks before the gnf. Like a fool, I rode w/ it still broken and added a LOT of time to my recovery. Though it took over two years before it felt "good", I had no problems racing in '98. Just try not to crash!!!!! Try to stay away from activities that can lead to falling down. My two worst set backs happened on my mtb(over the handlebars) and on my xr100(lowside in my driveway going 10mph!!) It wont take much to re-break it. If you aren't seeing a physical therapist, you might want to consider it. My therapist was much more helpful than my dr. was!

12. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

mark,
    i think the problem was you "only" recieved physical therapy. maybe a little couch time is due.
    Tim, i just dont understand why exculde previous legal bikes when they didnt run away with any races. it seems the reason is to make it four stroke only.
    BTW i would really prefer you stay out of f-500 or form two-stroke. [​IMG]