When guns are outlawed......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by RoadRacerX, Sep 14, 2006.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Exactly

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Well, since I really don't know how this dude got his guns, I'd say I'd be in FAVOR of a concealed carry law that would have a legally armed citizen shoot this punk down when his rage started. Let's face it, he was a deeply disturbed individual that would have carried out his plans in one way or the other. The gun control laws had no effect on his carrying and using his weapons, did they?

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

No more than the Brady Bill helped anything here.

Cops can't enforce the current laws much less a bunch of others ones.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How do the statistics compare between Canada and the United States?

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I'm not believing you asked that...

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

It is actually hard to compare Canada and the US with statistics. Many of the statistics are actually hard to use from either side of the fence.

And the societies and histories are so different.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

There is much much truth in that, I have to agree with it.

As much as would like to see guns become a great privilege of the few...

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I will take my chances. If you can show me the numbers, I will produce my best effort to compare them and draw my own conclusion. :D

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Agreed.

10. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Trenchcoat control laws.

11. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Like you ever ask a question the answer to which you don't already know :D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What are you wearing?

Chaps, no undies.

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I find it amusing and yet at the same time alarming when I hear the anti-gunners try to explain why we should outlaw guns. They don't seem to know just where to draw the line on reason. The claim is that guns kill people so we should just get rid of them. Yet they can't seem to apply that same logic to, let's say, automobiles, or bicycles, or rocks, or baseball bats, or knives. All of those devices kill people also but no one wants to get rid of them. Why is that. Maybe it's because they are necessary for life in this day and age. They are simply tools to use for living. Weapons fall into the same group. They are a necessary tool. Whether each person wants a weapon or not is strictly up to that person. Some of us refuse to be a victim or to rely on the police to protect us. For me that is an easy choice to make. The police have a really important place in our lives but remember this, if there is a robbery, rape or other crime, the police arrive to clean up the mess. Very seldom are they there to prevent it.
    It's not difficult to understand the facination with guns as far as our youth are concerned. Most urban adults are not familiar with guns so they are not teaching their children about them. The kids learn from the entertainment on television and the movies. That's a hell of a place to learn huh? It teaches them the most irresponsible use of guns that can be taught.
    Guns are not the problem. Ignorant people are.
    Rural children (not children of people that move from the city to a two acre plot in the country so they can have a pet horse) are raised around tools of all kinds. The firearm is just another tool. Guns are used to dispatch snakes, skunks, etc on the farm. We also used them for hunting rabbit, squirrel, deer. These were to eat and not to kill for fun.
    If you don't like guns thats ok. You don't have to have one, however, don't tell me that I can't. :(

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I could probably find some numbers supplied by the Brady Bill proponents then find you some numbers provided by the Nat'l Rifle Assoc. Which ones would you believe? :D

15. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Man that's just creepy. How did you know what I was wearing.

You did forget the pink feather boa.

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Exactly. :up:

We had guns hanging on the wall from the time I(the youngest of 3 boys) 8 years old. Did we touch them without Dad there.... HELL NO! Not until we were in high school and proved we were responsible enough. They were never allowed in the house loaded though because of kids around, etc. Just really didn't need to be loaded. Typically we weren't worried about home protection so they were for hunting and recreation but other people didn't know that. ;)

17. Tequilaiam

Tequilaiam Well-Known Member

The shooter had a webpage but it appears down with its google cache gone too.
    Some blogger grabbed a bunch of it before it was taken down. Maybe the authorities need to google your name before letting you own a gun?

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/196688.php

18. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Unfavourably. I live in Toronto which is the largest city. Out of 2.6 million people, about 20 to 30 are shot and killed each year. So me wanting a gun for protection would be silly. Montreal's murder rate is considerably less.

But I agree with RCJohn that the two situations are different and hard to compare.

19. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Your trigger finger is too limp anyway.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey, this thread didn't start itself. Obviously, somebody felt there was something to compare. :)

Orvis and John, just for shits and giggles:

- What kind of mileage do you get when you ride your gun to work every morning?

- Nuclear bombs don't kill people either. Why shouldn't Iran get one?

- How come some of the people who don't want to be told what they can or cannot ownoften like to tell women what they should do with their body?

Anyway, just screwing with you guys. I have zero interest in getting into a gun debate. By the way, I like guns and have enjoyed going to a shooting range to fire some. Difference between y'all and me is I can admit it. I don't need to make excuses. :)