1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Props to Beaver WERA Officials

Discussion in 'General' started by raTTso, Sep 4, 2006.

1. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

Hats off to the WERA officials for their great effort Sunday at BeaveRun. They dealt with weather, an oiled track, and what seemed to be a skeleton crew. There was great communication throughout the day.

Kudos, too, to the riders who avoided incidents through the 5-foot-wide "chute" that had to be fashioned between turns 6 and 7 when the track was oiled on Saturday. It was my first experience riding with a hay bale on the track!

:beer:

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Indeed, all the riders I came across through that mess were great - no passing as was agreed upon in the riders meeting. :up:

3. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

It was a great job. I am glad Jim stressed no passing, even when passing a lap rider. That would have been BAD in that section. Hopefully the oil is cleaned up for 2007 :up:

4. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

WERA gang did a good job in a tough situation. Nicely done.

Merle

5. David Grey

David Grey Well-Known Member

indeed Jim you made a good decision!

Unfortionatly the hay bale made the track about a second slow so us from the north east coming to work on set ups and lap times did not get to do what we came to do, but i think the most was made of it and all and all became a good weekend because to the decision that where made to deal with the problems that came about!

that's again to Wear and Jim!

6. Hopefully its cleaned up sooner than that! Thats my home track, where I can practice without having to spend big money on gas and hotel.

7. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

oil

WERD

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Agreed to all the above. And let's put Beaver on the NC schedule twice next year.

:up:

9. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Definately need more Beaver!!! :up:

10. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Hey those <bleepin> cones hurt when they get kicked up at ya and hit ya in the chest at 80mph. :eek:

My titty still hurts! :D

Great Job handling the "challenges" this weekend by the WERA gang. :up:

Jim
    Anita
    Terrance
    Tom
    Shawna (sp?)
    The starter (sorry forgot your name)
    Bill? (the guy helping w/starts)
    Rich
    Bob
    Heidi
    Corner staff

and everyone else I can't remember

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

In my haste catching Robbie, I nicked the top of the haybale there, thought "that was dumb ... " and proceeded to be a pussy going through that corner for the rest of the day.

12. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Dan the Man (and his magic ladder act) was the starter. He's one of the best at what he does.

You got his assistant right. Bill came up from VA for the weekend.

13. GSXAAARGH

GSXAAARGH Pilot

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Officials kick ass, the racers however.....

:crackup:

15. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

16. funnyhat

funnyhat tire budget challenged

Is that what was going on Saturday? There were what, five bikes down in that section during the day? Only by the grace of God did I not join them. I was leading the Formula 2-strokes when I went through a wicked slide at the top of the hill and somehow managed to stay on the track. Dave and Tommy used the opportunity to blow by me and I wasn't able to catch back up.

I'm sure there was no way to see oil through the pouring rain Saturday. Good catch guys.

17. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

I was one of the ones who crashed coming down the hill and I wish I could say oil was the cause. They said the oil came from an incident in the last race of the day Saturday. Unfortunately for me the reason I crashed was that I suddenly and unexpectedly ran out of skill once my lap times got into the 1:09's.

Oh, and did I mention that I was the only white plate in the race? :eek: [banging himself on forehead] Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! [/banging himself on forehead]