No news on the biggest problem in the Middle East

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dave164, Jul 7, 2006.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm arguing that you seem to have no idea who was rioting or why. Not blaming you, though. I read and heard the Fox News reports too. I would have been fooled too.

2. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

This is an interesting take on things. You feel it is unfair you have to be tolerant because they are haters? :D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

BS..hate the haters...It is a fine time honored tradition.

4. Robert

But from the perspective of the "multicultural movement," isn't this hate the haters who hate haters? :D

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I support equal opportunity hating. With the proper program, I might even be for hate quotas and set asides.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Get back to work Tom. We need more tax revenue.

7. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

What a hateful statement :p

8. Robert

That'd mean you also hate the internet morons (who hate skinheads who hate immigrants who hate you). It gets too confusing.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No it's quite simple. Just hate everyone equally. Mongo is right.

10. Tequilaiam

Tequilaiam Well-Known Member

I never said they were rioting because they were muslim, only that the area the rioting began was populated with lots of muslim immigrants. You can read that on any news site (2 seconds of google found this one http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9891709/ ).

The debate about the cause of non-intergration of any race/religion are decades old and applicable to our country as well. The reason has no bearing on the fact that it does happen. The difference being large populations of <insert minority> of the US don't want law written around their religion.

Brittain has already started caving

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450600,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/2818809.stm

Who pushed for those you think?

And for the record, I watched fox news as much as any of the others: almost never. In fact, I didn't feel cable was worth the price so I cancelled it and have no access to fox news.:up:

11. Tequilaiam

Remember, I'm only trying to restate another article I bumped into yesterday, so don't say its my feeling, it was somebody else.

My "feelings" are that multiculturism is a poor label. Our culture is to be open to people FROM other cultures. Being open to all people only works if everyone is following the same rule of being tolerant. It doesn't make much sense to be open to people from cultures that aren't open to other cultures (thus hating yours) does it? I don't personally have to do anything. Our culture doesn't have to tolerate haters but its stupid if it does.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And the rioters in Paris want to live under islamic law?

The riots started in high-unemployment, low-income areas. That's what the issue is. Race is also a factor. Religion wasn't. Those thugs spend about as much time in mosques as you do.

But yes, you are correct that a large number of poor immigrants are Muslims. It just happens to have little relevance in last fall's riots.

13. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

This political discussion is gittin' kinda old, but danged if that link doesn't have an interesting TV show profiled. UK prison chicks! :wow: MarkB's been holding out on us. :D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2006320011,00.html

Hah! The "Superbabe Slideshow" has pictures of Madonna, but none of Jessica Simpson. No wonder we won both wars against them Brtis. :D

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  14. charles

charles The Transporter

Yep...rising Muslim birthrates; the 'multiculturalism' aspect of modern, democratic societies (accepting all kinds of people and their beliefs); and
    the concern (or fear) of causing conflicts to escalate. Do these three things
    assist the growth of Islam, or does Islam spread through its own independent
    means? Anyone here been to Central and Latin America lately, notice the proliferation of mosques? Or Africa, noticeably Kenya? I am setting forth the
    proposition that, due to the tenets and practices of the faith, Islam can not be at peace with the West...'periods of rest', yes, even tolerance for mutual gain, but at peace, no, never, unless Islam undergoes a Reformation...so, maybe the saying "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Freedom" is true, eh?

Transporter

"Taking You To Strange Places!"

15. Tequilaiam

Nobody knows, or will freely admit it to the press. However, word on the internet is that this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/09...813262/ref=sr_1_2/102-3047922-6164157?ie=UTF8

lays out plans for exacty what is happening in Europe with the end goal of living under Islamic law. I can't find a solid summary of the book other than referenced from other articles or essays in little pieces

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=\ForeignBureaus\archive\200602\FOR20060224a.html

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/15609.htm

What lead me to search for said book was an article in the telegraph a while back that I couldn't find again. Apparently it was taken down but was Copied to some religous site http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3645
    same dude being quoted in all those, but that article outlines his credentials pretty well.

Maybe he's making it all up but his assertions are supported by events, so its a good bet that clerics or other leaders in paris, and all over Europe, have this aim in mind.

16. charles

charles The Transporter

No one has to fracture themselves trying to find proof that the goal of Islam
    (and all GOOD Muslims) is to convert the world to Islam. Just go to the Koran.
    There is no separation of government and religion, as we know in the West.
    This is not to say that Muslims don't identify with nation-states, they can and do, but that does not eliminate the problem; any 'government' that does not comply with the tenents of Islam is considered to be very un-Islamic and
    those offending Muslims are in deep shit. You do not simply step out of being a Muslim. Not so easy, there's a price to be paid. None of this should be taken to indicate there are no peaceful Muslims. There are,obviously, but
    soner or later, all over the world, that collection plate is passed for extremist causes, and pressure is exerted to continue to convert. Islam as we know it today, is now as it was soon after its founding, a very powerful force in the world. What to do now, is the question. Comments.

Transporter

"Evety Day A New Place To Go!"

17. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

The scary thing is that as the world continues to overpopulate, Muslims continue to "encroach" beyond their original boundaries, and the inevitable global socioeconomic woes reach a breaking point, another Adolph Hilter will rise. :(

By that time, I'll REALLY be old and just sitting at the Breeze Hilton in my wheelchair dreaming about my surfing days. :D

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I've been led to believe that is a current description.

19. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

None of these @$$clowns have seen my cutback. :beer:

20. Robert

How many Muslims "all over the world" would you say are funding extremist causes? Who are these people being pressured to convert? Christians, Hindus, Bhuddists?

My comment is you seem to be taking the "war on terror" rhetoric way too literally. Aside from the complications caused by regime changes, it is a crime problem. Don't try to blame it on a religion.