1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does one..

Discussion in 'General' started by Putter, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

........go about joining a carnival?

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

well, you need a clean internet record of no awkward underwear scandals to start...

3. Putter

That is what I am trying to escape. Doesn't everyone just wanna be a carny for a while? Maybe I will sign on as a ride technician. What about train hopping? I am tired of work/race/work.

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

maybe if you were an underwear sideshow....

5. Putter

I could work on ferris wheels. Don't you ever just want to get away?

6. Jason Coleman

Jason Coleman Well-Known Member

Loritabs work better than train hoppin. :up:

7. Putter

LOL. I have already done every drug known to man. Just think, you could see a different tractor pull every weekend.

8. Jason Coleman

Jason Coleman Well-Known Member

But I always envisioned the chicks that dig carnies usually ran short on shaved areas. :wow:

It would take a lot of $4 beers to forget that.

9. Putter

Look at Donnia here..

[​IMG]

She is an airbrush artist. I think she would be the wildest ride in the whole show.

10. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

11. Putter

Linky no worky.

edit- now it does. Hmm.....I just want to be a vagabond, but with good teeth.

12. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

13. CRAKitty

CRAKitty I taste like chicken

Since when have you raced? :crackup:

14. Putter

I am pacing myself.

15. packfan

packfan El Presidente

Hey... I was desperate in college and worked the State Fair one year guessing weights and ages... and actually being an employee is a huge step up compared to some fair patrons in NC...

16. Putter

Stickboy visited?

17. packfan

packfan El Presidente

yeh his weight was a bitch!!!! No way he goes 130lbs... even if you soak him in jello over night:up:

18. Putter

I would guess 90 or so. 130 maybe with Honey thrown in.

So did you make any money at the state fair? What were the real carnies like?

19. packfan

packfan El Presidente

I didn't hang on the train at night or w/ the bearded lady but the folks I met that were regular employees were so much more "real" than I thought. I , like many of you, thought of carnival workers were low education, low intelligence, inbred fooks... and some are, probably a sightly higher % than the "regular" world but it is not like 1/2 of them are from deliverance as I kinda expected.

They bust their ass during setup and teardown. And believe it or not those rides are put together pretty well. Whoever designed it them made them very assembly friendly...

As far as $... I think I made $5.50/hour back in late 198???... Was really a lot of fun to be honest...

The nicest thing I think ever was the fact almost 100% of the people I saw were having a good time. I gave this one little girl a prize even though I guessed her mom's age right... her smile was priceless...

Then the last fun thing... Women and guessing weight and age... I did my damndest to get laid (guessing low weights and low ages:bow: ) but I don't care how good you are... if you can pick up a decent women while working at the fair you are a GOD... think I went 0 for 100+

20. Putter