1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drain plug for belly pan options

Discussion in 'General' started by stabber, May 29, 2006.

1. stabber

stabber Well-Known Member

I want to put a drain plug on my belly pan. Where is a good place to get a removable plug. I ride my bike on the street still and want a way to drain the pan while its raining and when I wash my bike. Thanks for any help.

2. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

We usually install it towards the front...even seen two plugs, but one to me is good enough....I guess if you wanted you could find the low spot in the belly pan you could do that.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I was thinking about using one of those rubber drain plugs that are used in car trunks.

4. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I drill two holes in the rear and one in the front and plug with RTV when on the track. It's one of my 'on-track' checks, like safety wire and such.

edit- I strayed away from the regular plug use because they always seemed bigger than what I'd want in my lower. That's why I use a smallish drill bit & RTV instead.

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Sorry for the thread jack...how are you doing Steve? Getting healed up? I wanna see that 675 kick some ass! Besides, you have to get back to the track, you owe me 8 Advils :D

6. xsbaggage

xsbaggage Banned

i have a hole drilled near the front. and tape it with duct tape.

it works fine.

7. stabber

stabber Well-Known Member

I have heard of people using bodywork drain plugs I bet they are the same thing. I could probably use one of those and cover it with duct tape on the track to make sure it doesn't leak.

8. xsbaggage

xsbaggage Banned

you'll also have to worry about it getting knocked out since it hangs so low.

duct tape....the answer to all problems.

9. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

I'm using one of those OEM bodywork type rivet fasteners. Fits flush and secure when dry, comes right out for wet conditions. Just drill the proper sized hole and its virtually water tight.

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Those are the ones.

Don't understand what effect how low it is has on it coming out, though. If the hole is the right size those things are tight, and are at most 1/8" to 3/16" thick (total thickness). Used them for drain plugs in the floors of offroad VWs, and you could blast into rivers hard enough to blow water past the door gaskets and the plugs wouldn't come out.

11. xsbaggage

xsbaggage Banned

i was referring to loading/unloading it and scraping the bottom.

hey, whatever works...go for it. i was just offering suggestions and input.