Gypsy got owned at Starke Florida!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GypsyRacing, Apr 9, 2006.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

If you have not done a SEMRA endurance race on a mini-motard you are missing a really good time.

So after we blew up the endurance race during practice we thought we would pack up and head home after only 5 laps......but no, our neighbors said we could use there back up bike and race. Really? Yes, they were serious.

So we get to race.................

Since I am not a two-stroke guy launching a RM80 in a group of people was interesting...........needless to say, I stalled it on the grid and 18 little kids smacked my sorry @ss as they passed by me. Darn kids have no respect for old fat guys.

After two and a half hours, I found myself in a group of fellow mini racers racing to the checker flag. Just like a heated V7 race, we were dicing back and forth....blocking, and stuffing, switching lines.......almost tucking the front, almost highsiding. I got passed by a fellow two stroke racer with a canadian flag on the back of their leathers.........oh no, I'm not gonna get schooled by some Canadian here in the good ole US of A.

Dispite my best effort, and wore out tires......I fell short. I lost by a bike length to the Canadian.........but I had a blast.

Did I mention that the Canadian was an 8 year old little girl?!

:beer:

2. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Watch out Dennis, that stuff can be addicting. :tut: :up:

3. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Joe and I ran a 3 hour last year on a freinds Derbi. WHAT A BLAST!!! :rock:

4. macdaddy

macdaddy PRAISE "BOB"

dont feel so bad ....she was 10..and yes she was FAST
    oh by the way she broke her collar bone on sunday...
    But when she got back to the track she was still stoked!!!:rock:

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

10 not 8, yea that's much better. Sorry to hear she broke a chicken wing.

Good to see you at the track, fun racing with you again too Troy. Glad to team up with my brother and fellow fizzer racer John Halsey.

:up:

6. macdaddy

macdaddy PRAISE "BOB"

did I see your Bro??
    who was I racing with at the end ???

7. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

The big guy with the orange "gypsy" on his back was me. Sorry for the stuffing and blocking.........I didn't have any brakes.

:D

8. macdaddy

macdaddy PRAISE "BOB"

that was a fun 15 or so laps
    I was glad it was you ,as I knew you would put up a fight
    but wouldnt do anything stupid:up: :bow:

there were at least one or two squirrels out and about!!!

9. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Must have been someone else......

:beer:

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Dennis, I think I am going to have to get involved with SEMRA. Looks like it would be very cool for dad and the kids (no way will mom get on a bike).

11. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Kurt:

There is a race in Elgin,SC in a couple weeks if you want to check it out first hand. One of my endurance team mates is John Halsey......Mr. SEMRA. He can answer any of your questions.

It's a blast, and there has been an increase in WERA guys coming out to play....some AMA guys too.

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Might have to come by. You going to Barber next week? If you are, let's talk.

They have a class for kids with training wheels?
    :D