1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet crash damage...

Discussion in 'General' started by (diet)DrThunder, Mar 29, 2006.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I crashed at Tally this Feb. and I was sure that I didnt' hit my head. the helmet didn't appear to have any dirt or scuffs, so I thought it was all good.

Tonight I removed the shield for the first time since then to clean it, and I saw that there was a small stress crack in the chin bar right up by the seal for the shield. The paint is also spider webbed below it. Now that I know it's there, I can see it w/ the shield in place, but until I cleaned it I didnt' notice it.

If you crash, make sure you _carefully_ examine your helmet for even the slightest sign of impact...I almost missed this. Not cool.

The good news is that the helmet did a great job, as I had no idea that my head had even hit the ground, and yet apparently it took a pretty good shot!

2. mango

mango Ewah Felicitys underpants

So then, did you forget promising me the use of your van for a trip to Florida?

3. mango

mango Ewah Felicitys underpants

Ya I know I've got your old van, just tryin to keep the miles down.

:D

4. (diet)DrThunder

I'm sorry...you are...?

:p

5. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

And, make sure you talk to your friends who witnessed the crash so they can remind you what really did happen. (re:"I crashed at Tally this Feb. and I was sure that I didnt' hit my head.") :D

Dave, sorry for the delay on returning your call. Things have been kind of crazy with the move. I'll try to catch you later today.

6. (diet)DrThunder

hey, you told me you couldn't tell what happened! :)

No prob re: the call back. Heck, I hope I left a message explaining why I called, because I can't remember right now :) I forgot that you were in the process of moving...fun eh?