1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how scary is turn 1 at roeblin road

Discussion in 'General' started by superhawk78, Feb 15, 2002.

1. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

1- is not bad but you will brake way to early the first few times.
    2- no sweat
    3- stay on the gas
    5/6 - ? Sometimes good sometimes..what the hell did I do.

7/8 ok and 9 is the one to pay attention to. Watch out for the dip and pray the rear gets traction. I was racing 125's there and came out of 9 on the last lap (I think I was racing Max at Traxxion) and had a two wheel drift comming out of 9, Scary sh*% when your not expecting it.

Chuck D

2. unoigo

unoigo Well-Known Member

Kinda of the subject but I if get down there on Thurs evening, will I be able to get into the track and camp Thurs night? Is the electricity available in the padock and the camping area?

3. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

you will be able to get in and set up. If the track cop is in a good mood then you may stay if not you can camp out side the gate in the grasssy parking lot. Power is inside and i think you got to pay a fee. When i was vending he charged for the power. a remember him running around collecting for power from differant people.

4. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Yes you can camp on Thursday night. The gates will open at 5 or 5:30 and they won't let you in a second sooner. I'm serious. [​IMG]

Sometimes they charge for power, sometimes they don't. They normally don't ask for power money if you pay the camping fee.

And turn 1 at Roebling is a hell of a lot faster than turn 1 at VIR. I take turn 1 at Roebling in 4th gear and turn 1 at VIR in 2nd. [​IMG]

5. unoigo

unoigo Well-Known Member

How is the weather down there this time of year? Is rain a common thing the month of March? I am sure the temp will be a lot better than what it is here in VA. The trip will be about 900 miles round trip so I want to make the best of it.

6. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Savannah's weather is pretty unpredicatable. Rained like hell all weekend. Cold (30F) and crystal clear this morning. We don't have a clue what it will be in five days, let alone fifteen or twenty. Maybe we'll get lucky. [​IMG]

7. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Hey, Joss, where in Savannah do you live? My mom moved there last year.

8. WERA29

The weather is normally decent for the first round at Roebling. We had a great party there last year and it didn't get too chilly at night. Jeans and a light jacket were enough to keep us warm.

If you're camping bring a little ceramic heater for your tent or trailer. It will make all the difference in the world.

As for rain, it rains every time we go to Roebling. Sometimes it's a brief monsoon, just enough to soak all your belongings while you're waiting in line at registration [​IMG] or it will rain all afternoon and keep the tire guys busy mounting rains. [​IMG]

You will learn to ignore the forecast and bring the same stuff to the track week in and week out and race no matter what. I've gone to the track when the forecast was for 100% chance of rain all day and it sprinkled a little at lunch, dried out and was sunny and beautiful for the rest of the day.

How often do the meteorologists get the forecast right in your home town during the week? [​IMG]

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

W.E.R.A. "We're expecting rain again!!"

10. unoigo

unoigo Well-Known Member

O.K. O.K. O.K. I gonna make the trip! I now you guys have got me pumped up and wanting to ride. Seems as if this track is really fast. I talked to a freind who you might know, Ray Belser and has got me in the right direction as to set up. As for the rain. I was asking for a prediction just a feel for what mother nature is like in that area. And belive me, I bring what little I have to every event. I am looking forward to it and will be camping. Tardholio- I am gonna look you up right after registration. I wanna meet the man behind all the info. Thanks for your help and answering my questions and I'll see ya in a couple weeks! BTW what is your real name?

Jacob

11. WERA29

My real name is Tom Fetsko and contrary to popular belief I am not a cherrypicking novice. [​IMG] I just didn't have the money to repaint my number plates so I stayed novice. [​IMG]

But seriously, we'd be more than happy to help you out any way we can. Just ask everyone where The Row is at the track and they'll point you in our direction. We'll be there Thursday night so setup near us if you want and we'll show you the ropes.

We'll be setup along the main paddock road near the concession stand and bathroom buildling. Just look for the long row of white Ez-Ups. I'm riding a silver GSX-R600 #122.

12. PhilMueller

PhilMueller Active Member

Hey brutha, I watched many races there, I have never had a problem with it. You will be fine, come join us at our trailer.

13. WERA147

WERA147 Active Member

If you downshift more than twice into T1 you are going to slow. Sometimes I only get one. You will need to get a downshift or two mid corner so you can get a drive out of T2. Upshift once for btw 2 and 3 back into 3rd until T7.

14. unoigo

unoigo Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the wisdom guys, I am there. Already talked to Ed and have registered for his school. I am counting the days!

15. WERA29

Who is us? [​IMG] Is that slack ass brother of yours actually going to race this year? [​IMG]

Tell him to bring my parts when you talk to him. He knows which ones. [​IMG]

16. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

His real name is Tardholio. Tom Fetsko is some guy who works at a bank. WERA registration forms require a first and last name, so he just stole an identity.

17. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

TIWoman,

I live in the eastern section, just out of the downtown area about two miles. If you are familiar with the town, in the vicinity of Skidaway and Henry.

Tom explained it pretty well. No matter what the weather people say, come prepared for rain, especially if you are camping and they say it won't. One nice thing about this area is that it is sandy so it soaks in pretty fast and doesn't often get nasty muddy like other places can. (Duh... probably shouldn't have said that)

18. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

I grew up on Wilmington Island. Drove by the old house last time we were in Savannah. Not too much has changed on that part of the island in the past twenty years.

I need to make it down there on a Friday sometime and have lunch at Mrs. Wilk's boarding house.