Chad Hedrick vs. Shani Davis

Discussion in 'General' started by Buckwild, Feb 20, 2006.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Based on my travels it has alot to do with money and bigotry. Hockey and skiing are expensive. Not too many inner city kids have the money to head up to the mountains for skiing. Similar to golf, it is expensive and not all that long ago many country clubs didn't allow minorities. Hockey requires alot of equipment and ice skating at top levels is expensive because of ice time. Another issue and this is changing over time is arrogant elitism with many winter sports. Some proof IMO is the fact that schools like Harvard can beat major universities in Hockey. Football was that way many years ago... Ivy League schools and military academies dominated in those days.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So what you're saying is you have absolutely nothing that he did which makes him an ass other than not talking to the bitch reporter. Yep, that makes sense....

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Well when you are an Olympic athlete and the only way to communicate with the people of your country is that "bitch" reporter you should show some class and just do it.

Just so we are clear why is she a bitch for doing what she is paid to do but he is not an ass for acting like one when he was interviewed? Just want to make sure when to call people names in the future.

4. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

is she a "reporter" or "commentator"? are we watching ESPN live?

just where in his "job" description (wait is it really a job) that he should grant ethusiastic interviews to an exclusive network?

There are other american media outlets that he did and will talk to. How could you say that is the "only" chance he has to communicate with his country???

you work for NBC?

he could as easily said "I don't want to be interviewed by you" or "no comment for NBC" would you think he is any less of an ass?

bascially you point is if one doesn't give a great interview after winning a medal is an ass?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am soooo sorry, the girl who rolled her eyes is a professional and I apologize for any assumptions I may have made regarding her.

He had what some people understand is his race face on. Once he was back into PR mode he was a fine interview. If that is what it takes for him to win the gold medal for his country then exactly is wrong with that?

6. r6_philly

what if the "bitch" reporter said

"how do you feel being the only negro to ever win a gold medal and I think you don't deserve it"

right before the camera came on???

you are judging a person by 20 second of footage with no background knowledge whatsoever...

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I would hope that when the camera came on she was sprawled out on the ground with a broken nose. :D

8. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

WERD.

He acted like a spoiled momma's boy - which he is - so what did everyone expect? I care about who won what at the Winter Olympics about as much as I care about who wins American Idol......overrated, overhyped crap.

At the end of the day he still came across better than the Snowboard idiots with their........."dude it was so radical out there and I was just groovin' in the pipe waiting on big air."

For a minute there I thought they were interviewing a Bostrom.

Then I realized if the Bostroms were in the Winter Olympics it would definitely be in Pairs Ice Dancing.

9. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:tut:

10. r6_philly

hahahahaha

I have to say, there aren't enough smilies to use as a reply to his post hehe

11. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

You're not going to try to convince me Johnny Weir rides on the same bus to the ice arena as the hockey team are you?

That Ice Dancing or whatever they call it has Eric's name written all over it.

:D

(NTTIAWWT)

12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

You can talk about Eric all you want, but leave Ben out of it. :D

13. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Re: NBC News alert

Well then ... perhaps for the next olympics he can individually train, coach, outfit, and transport himself. :Poke:

While he might be focused on his own individual goals, seems to me that helping out the team and country that gave him a whole lot of support toward that end might not be such a big request.

- Roach

14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

15. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Re: Re: NBC News alert

And his winning of the 1000m did not help his team? He trained for the 1000m, as I understand it his participation in the pursuit team was not something that was planned in advance. He has no right to consider the potential negative effect of running the other race so close to his event?

I say conratulations to him for his win, I hope he wins the 1500 also :up:

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

17. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

It's not petty, it's a chance at 5 gold medals.
    And Davis is a tool for not allowing him to do that. LMAO!

I kinda dig how the article covers both perspectives conceding that both were right for their own reasons.

18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I don't know how it works for everybody, but when I usually get a feeling that I'm about to succeed at something, just before it happens. Like sometimes before I throw a dart, shoot a basketball, swing a golf club, etc, I know just beforehand that it is going to be excellent, nearly perfect. Not to say that I always get that feeling before doing that action, but when I get that feeling, I would bet everything that I owned on a successful outcome.

To ask someone to jeopardize what they KNOW they can achieve, for a good chance at walking away without the gold in either event, is selfish on their part. He trained for his event. He felt that he was going to win his dream medal for his country, and he did. I say "thank you Shani!":up:

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Damn, why don't you two get a freaking room? :D:p

20. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

LMAO!:D