1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hit and Run

Discussion in 'General' started by dragonsomething, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Hey all, this is Vicki (photo_chick)'s daughter, Dani.

This was originally posted yesterday on an EDM messageboard yesterday, and the person involved is looking for anyone that might have been in the area at that time to try to find the driver..

"Alright, I know I haven't been on here much in a while, but I'm trying to get the word out as many ways as possible. Jan.8 around 9pm I was leaving the bowling alley in mcdonough when, from what I've been told and what the police report says, someone came across almost 2 full lanes and hit me head on. Doesn't sound that bad at first, but I was on a motorcycle. the witnesses say I flew about 35 feet straight up and came down hard on the asphault. I broke both shoulder blades, tore my right leg up pretty bad, had road rash in several places, and half my brain was swelling while the other half was bleeding.

I'm getting better now, slowly, but I'm posting this cause the asshole who hit me, didn't even stop to make sure i lived. Witnesses say it was a four door silver car, maybe a grand am or grand prix. I'd tell you what I saw, but I lost almost 2 weeks of memory starting from about 5 minutes before the wreck. I'd really like to see whoever did this to me get what's comin to 'em. I know they'll get it somehow someday, but I at least gotta do what I can to make sure. If anyone knows of a car matching that description that looks like it hit a blue motorcycle head-on, let me know. Thanks for any help ya'll may be in finding this sick twisted asshole."

The accident happened in mcdonough, hwy 155 about a half mile east of I-75.

Here's a pic of the bike after the wreck-

[​IMG]

It's a long shot, but if anyone does have any info, contact- http://www.myspace.com/luphkin.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Your link does not work.

Stuck.

3. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Thanks for the stickie

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

what state?

5. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Georgia

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

That sucks, hope the rider is ok. Similar thing happened to me several years ago, driver was never caught

7. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

It's hard for me to believe that someone would just leave another person lying there hurt or maybe worse.

8. skeesm

skeesm Well-Known Member

This infuriates me beyond belief. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

I've seen what a bike - which is actually a pretty solid object, does to a car. I'll lay you odds that car was probably close to totally demolished. In fact, looking at the photo of your bike, I'm surprised that car could even move from the scene. I'd also wager you that whomever was driving was either DUI, on their cell phone or distracted by dropping/spilling something in thier lap. If I was your lawyer I would be trying to put that person away for as long as I could - after reparations of course.

9. skeesm

skeesm Well-Known Member

BTW: For what's its worth, I hale from Byron. And though its an outside chance at best, I'll keep my eyes open. You just never know, stranger things have happened then spotting someone who was involved in a hit-and-run elsewhere. Just watch America's Most Wanted.

My guess is that whoever hit you has been in trouble before, most likely DUI. If there was some way that you could get a list of the habituals that live in the area...

10. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

You might want to call some body shops and tell them to be on the look out for the car, the police will not do this but should.

If I were you I would print all you have posted here and mail it to every body shop near by. Includethe photo sh they can look for the correct color blue scratches. Its your best chance to find the person.

11. weggie man

weggie man Well-Known Member

That's exactly how Milwaukee police caught a hit and run driver recently. The dumb shit called around to body shops and dealers looking for parts to replace the shit left all over the accident scene.

Unfortunately in that one the driver killed a pedestrian.

Glad to hear you survived. Get the word out to the body shops and dealers. It may just be a chance at catching this A-hole.

12. RB

RB Well-Known Member

It's hard for me to believe that there was nobody with enough balls to follow the perp and at least get the tag #

13. skeesm

skeesm Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. But another possibility is that there were no witnesses and/or there was one, but that person stopped to render aid.

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Very very sorry for you. Tragic and criminal as well. Perhaps this will help: I don't think this car went too far judging from the damage caused to your bike, as has already been suggested.
    A little 'gumshoe' work in the same vicinity as the accident might
    pay off; calls to body shops; paint color of car on bike? car parts
    strewn around? discretely offer reward to local police to find this car, do the same to local cab companies to see if they picked up
    anyone in that accident area near the same time; any witnesses?
    post offer of reward in local paper for verifiable information.

I hope your recuperation is speedy. Hang in there.
    Best Regards,
    Charles

15. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

Also, this guy wasn't in the area for the fun of it, it's more than likely on the way to his/her home, or work or something. Sit on that street corner for a day, look for damaged vehicles that fit the description, etc.