1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Way off topic. Who is least expensive in ATL for natural gas??

Discussion in 'General' started by todzuki, Feb 6, 2006.

1. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

This is my 3rd bill in a row from SCANA that is over $200 for natural gas. This one's over $230 and $50 of it is customer service fees and $12 in taxes. WTF? We use gas for heat and for hot water only and in moderation. I want to know who the cheapest is in the Atlanta area. Help!

2. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

What get's me with SCANA is the $7 "customer service" fee. I mean since when is it an extra fee for customer service? And if you never call in to customer service can you get the fee waived........ this is as ridiculous as going to mcdonald's and them telling you it'll be 4.95 for your order and an extra $2 for a customer service fee....

OH, and then there's the meter reading charge, so now we pay for customer service, and for them to read the meter so they can then charge us for the gas?

3. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Yes ... just call customer service.

Oh wait ... :D

- Roach

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The joys of the deregulation of natural gas. In GA, SCANA sells you the gas, but has to pay Atlanta Gas Light to use the pipes and read the meters. In case you haven't looked, you pay the maintenance fee during the summer when you gas bill should be minimal. On our larger facilites we converted our water heaters to electric (since we will never get away from electrical bills) and cut off the gas service from late April to late September. Saved us enough last year to pay for the conversion. This year we anticipate saving $3500.

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Are you in ATL now, Zeb?

6. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

Augusta. SCANA serves out here too. unfortunately.

7. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Here's my current charges:
    $177.90 for 127 therms
    $11.95 Customer Service Charge
    $11.77 State and Local Taxes
    $29.14 AGL Pass Through and Meter Reading Charges
    = $230.76!!!!
    :eek:

This is about 4x what I paid on average in Alabama per month. Unbelievable.

8. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Yep, gas is the way to go over here in Bama. :up:

9. boxer

boxer Well-Known Member

call customer service up everyday and complain tie up there ass's for a good 30min then ask to speak to someone else

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

My last bill was $408. :mad:

11. Uhh dude your doing good if you only paid $230 almost everyone I've talked to lately had over $350 gas bills. I think ours was $429 and I have a programmable thermostat. I wished I would have locked in the price back in May when I had the gas turned on after we bought the house...I think it was less then a dollar at the time.

12. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Cheapest gas in ATL has to be either Mongo or Huey.

13. STBIKE

STBIKE Well-Known Member

Just built a new home 6 months ago. All electric ! F#%k the gas company's!

14. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Our bill for December was $237, we finally got a new thermostat, and in the den we put an oil-filled heater we had. Bill for January is $128 :up:

29.14 AGLC Base Charge
    5.95 customer service charge
    87.32 gas charge
    5.60 sales tax

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  15. So this week with this cold front coming thru I've split wood and brought it in for the fireplace to gobble up.

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I bucked and split about 1/4 cord this past weekend. Just need an insert now so I can get some real heat from burning wood.

Wish I could hook this place up to my central unit...there's enough hot air in here to heat a whole neighborhood.

:D