1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wanted to say thanks

Discussion in 'General' started by Kristin, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Kristin

Kristin Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone that gave me tips/advice for my first track day. I went out there nervous as hell the first session and it looked like I needed to go back home and take the MSF Course :tut: But by the end of the day I learned a thing or two. I went from barely being able to take a right onto the grid, to getting rid of the chicken strips.

Thanks to Yama-saurus for helping me get new tires. Pilot Powers are God's greatest gift to me right now :clap:

Thanks to dtalbott for being the man all together. He held me out more than I can ever thank him. :beer: I owe you guys some beers or something. :up:

I know I aint the best by FAR. I got a lot to learn but I'm pretty proud of myself for even getting out there with the boys and doing it. :clap: I have some bad habbits to break. Like if you look in my pictures you'll see that I'm always covering my clutch and front brake. Just a habbit I picked up from street riding. Always cover my controls cuz you never know when the mini van is gonna take me out :eek: Also gotta work on body positioning...and all that other good stuff.

Picture in next post...

2. Kristin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. I'm addicted now :Pop:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

'Bout time you announced this. You only lose your track virginity once. :D

You racing next year?

4. motopix

motopix Well-Known Member

You look good for your first time out. You know what you need to do now so just get more seat time and work on it.

:up:

5. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Sweet,

You are already faster than Brian (btjzx) :D

6. dtalbott

You mean that as a compliment, right?

7. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

wow, the girl is out riding me in her first trackday, i was too much of a wuss to lean the bike a third of that far:(

looking good, little more work and you will be doing pretty good:up:
    have fun out there:beer:

8. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

:D Sorry, I guess i did...

Now all she needs is a real track bike :D

9. Kristin

ha ha ha no racing. I aint fast at all !!!!

I should show you the pictures from earlier on in the day when I had like a 15 rider back up behind me :eek: :moon: I gotta get those and post them. You guys will laugh.

I felt really bad because I was a road hazard starting out :tut: But it was my first time on the track so I don't think people were too mad.

I did mess up once and took a VICTORY LAP :wow: OOPS Everyone laughed at it though. Sorry to the blue group at VIR on Monday.

But track days...heck yeah. As soon as I get my new suit I'll be back out there. Where can I get a list of all the track days? Is there one site that lists them all or what? I'm new to this stuff. Work with me :moon:

10. dtalbott

What's wrong with her bike? It's a beautiful shade of blue. :up:

11. dtalbott

Those suits are cleanable, you know. :D

Must have been a rough track day.

12. Brian129

it is not a 2 stroke so he doesnt like it:rolleyes:

13. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Not the blue part, more like too pretty to throw down. A cheap 2k beater is so much easier to ride :D

14. Kristin

the company screwed up my suit big time. Not the right design/color/fit anything :( So I shipped it back today and going with another company :clap:

15. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

[​IMG]

What's the problem with covering the controls? I've been street riding doing that for 20+ years, so when I started racing, I figured there was no real reason to try to break the habit...note the clutch lever in that pic :)

Maybe some fast guys will show up and explain why it's a bad idea, but it doesnt' bother me...good on ya!

16. dtalbott

Well, it's not a thumper, either, but I like it.

Kristin, do you realize how small the grids would be if we all waited until we were fast enough to go racing?

Remember how good it felt that first session that you had a really good pace going? You were hitting all your marks, braking deeper each time, running smoothly corner to corner. You felt like you were going as fast as you could go. Remember that?

An actual six-lap WERA race is about a 1000 times more intense.

You only think you're addicted now.

17. Kristin

Yeah I understand what you're saying...

BUT

I'm smart enough to know that if I went out there next year and entered a "race" I'd probably cause an accident. The 600 class is the biggest and that's what I'd be in. Those guys would kick my butt big time if I slowed their lap times down :down:

18. dtalbott

So get another, smaller bike to accelerate your learning curve.

Get something Clubman legal. You can come race at VIR and know that, as long as I show up, you won't finish last. :D

19. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Thats what I was trying to say earlier..... cheap bikes crash so much better.

20. Brian129

nahh no worries, once you get to the point where close passes dont spook ya(close like inches from you), and you can hold a decent steady line give it a try!:) its quite fun, even to run at the back(i would only know a little about that;) ) the fast guys find there way past, if they are really up for a place battle, you will watch them go past, and just move on, my first race, oh there goes jensen, then matt lynn, ohh look james chance too, by guys:D