The 2023-2024 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 13, 2023.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Wow he looks totally different these days o_O

:D

2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

So that Saturday night game is only available streaming? That’s some bullshit. I’d probably watch that game at the bar but I guess that’s not possible. I had to get my mom’s Peacock password because Direct TV has a dispute with our NBC affiliate, so it’s nice to have streaming as a back up, but not putting playoff games on tv is fucking stupid.

speedluvn, tl1098 and Sabre699 like this.
  3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Good point, I didn't even think about sports bars. I wonder if they're all scrambling to figure out how to show it, or if YTTV gets to air it too due to the sunday ticket contract.

Either way only on streaming sucks! Talk about pushing people to less than legal means to view...

Does Peacock have a free trial? :D

4. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Hey maybe this actually happening with Bills? If JA17 can keep the boneheaded turnovers to one or less per game they might have a shot!

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I saw a report that they paid the nfl $110 million for the exclusive broadcast rights to this game. Nfl only cares about the money.

6. rwdfun

rwdfun

I would've put money on the NFL scheduling the Lions game in that Peacock only time slot just to spite them for having the nerve to confuse the officials of the Cowgirls game.

It would've been so NFL to limit the ability of the Lions fans to see their 1st legitimate shot at a playoff win in the last 30 years.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Man I hope the current checks that Jerry is writing don't clear:(

brex likes this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Probably due to the Trailer Swift circus. They are hoping for mega dollars from advertisers and will show her more than ever have.

9. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I believe they do. I didn't check myself but one of my friends mentioned it.

There are also websites... there is one that Stream from the East...I may have heard of.

thrak410 likes this.
  10. thrak410

Yeah the eastern streams have been pretty helpful this year. :D

Rising likes this.
  11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Peacock is like $7 for a month...Sign up for the free trial, watch the game and "The Continental" (part of the John Wick story with Mel Gibson), and cancel. Won't cost you a dime if you just do the free trail.
    Set up a freakin' yahoo or some other stupid free email so it's not your personal email and avoid the spam.

It's not that hard guys.

dtalbott likes this.
  12. thrak410

It might not be difficult, but its a pain in the butt... just show it OTA like it should be... the FCC should look into this!

tl1098 and R1Racer99 like this.
  13. StaccatoFan

I agree with you 100 percent that it's a slight inconvenience..BUT, I also enjoy that I'll watch their broadcast that's Pay Per View and not give them a dime. There's that spite angle on it that makes it worth it to me.

dtalbott likes this.
  14. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

There is no free trial.

15. StaccatoFan

that sucks. I didn't look, but for some reason I thought you could get a free week trial.
    I may be thinking of Sling and Fubo.

Screw Pee-CoCK!

16. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

From what I've read there was a couple years ago but they got rid of it.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We signed up for Peacock the day of the other game that was exclusive to them, that month also covered this playoff game, going to cancel it after this game. 2 games for 7 bucks.

18. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Peacock and Prime games may be the tip of the iceberg.What's to stop them from going to an all ppv format.IMO they're just testing the waters at this point.
    Remember when WSBK and Moto Gp were on BeIN?

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nobody cares if you see "your" games. It's all about the money. Doesn't matter because the advertising industry has about
    ruined anything worth watching anyway. Next person you hear say..."I can't wait for the Superbowl so I can see the new commercials."...throat punch that douche.

tl1098 likes this.
  20. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Sabre699 likes this.