What did you always want to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by dave3593, Dec 5, 2023.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

His tribal name is Dances with Dudes.

Bugslayer, YamahaRick, 27 and 4 others like this.
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I've actually done most of my bucket list, but I would really like to do a Moto Giro on one of my old Ducatis and the Targa Newfoundland in a suitable car.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When I first saw wing suit flying, a friend at work sent it to me, probably at least 20-25 years ago. I remember thinking, if I had seen that when I was young and single, I would have considered it. Don’t have the courage now, but it looks really cool.

27 likes this.
  4. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Being the monkey on a sidecar rig. First time I saw them was at Road America in the late 70's/ early 80's and I knew without a doubt I would love it if I got the chance. 10 years or so later I got a one lap ride at Grattan and it was awesome! If the events weren't so few and travel so ridiculous to get to events, I am certain I would've bought a rig, done all of the work on it and found somebody to be the driver so I could drag my ass on the pavement with a huge grin on my face!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is nothing about it that doesn't look like a quick and violent death is the natural outcome.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Racing a Prius...no...wait!

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

First it was ride to Prudhoe Bay or Tuk, but that doesn't grab me as much now. I want to do a lap of America. A friend of mine did that a couple years ago and it sounds like fun.

BigBird and scottn like this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Iron Butt has the 4 corners ride. It has to be done within 21 days though, and it's 7000 miles after you get to one of the qualifying cities. It does include Key West :D

evakat, scottn and rd400racer like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOLOL, that and being married with kids, is why I didn't pursue it. But the friend that showed my thought for sure I would try it.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm going to do it the opposite of the IBA, as slow as possible and take my time. And I've ridden from Key West to the top of Florida. After you leave the Keys it makes riding through Kansas seem exciting:D

BigBird likes this.
  11. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Do IT !!!

My bucket list grows every time I do a track.

Did Daytona in October 2019 with CCS and love it. Then thought to myself... Mmmmm... Daytona 200 ???
    Turned the truck around (was 2h pass SC on my way home to Canada) and dropped the bike off to KWS.

Bike was ready for the D200 in March 2020... and only got to qualify (25th out of 80)
    It got cancelled due to Covid.

Wasn't able to go back until 2021, where I ran into electrical issues and my D200 was done by lap 7. Incidentally, I was the cause of the red flag :oops::confused:

2022 finally got it done and finished 16th... :Putter:

DO IT !!! :flag:

BigBird, DJ Baker, MachineR1 and 6 others like this.
  12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Go into space.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Ah! The backwards man :blart:

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I thought tophyr?? Was the backwards guy…….

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Pretty much done it and still doing it. Work with the top music acts and biggest Broadway tours on the road.

Working on the Jessica Alba thing.

16. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

My BIL did a 48 state ride this year on his 1970's era BMW. His rules were that he could only go through a state once and no interstates. He'd been dreaming about it/planning the route for decades. I thought that was pretty cool.

BigBird, DJ Baker, tl1098 and 2 others like this.
  17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You mean you're working on her ass? That's a nice place to be :D

KneeDragger_c69 and Steeltoe like this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:
    damn man, burn!
    thanks for the giggles…

Boman Forklift and brex like this.
  19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ya mean a woman's mind?

20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I'm another Real Roads fan. My top bucket list item would be the Ulster GP, over even the Isle of Man.

G2G likes this.