NCAA FOOSBALL

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Sep 23, 2023.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

One could say the same about the Bama Auburn game.

Gixxerguy855, Dragginass and brex like this.
  2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

True, but they followed that by beating #1 team in the country pretty handily. GA looked like a deer in headlights last night.

t11ravis likes this.
  3. rwdfun

rwdfun

What’s ridiculous about the CFP final rankings is, you know damn well if Bama had not connected on that Hail Mary they would’ve still put GA in but they have them ranked 6th behind FSU now. That’s an extra slap in FSU’s face of them trying to say it was close when they never had a chance

4. Spang308

I can understand FSU and their fans being salty, but I watched them all season and honestly don't feel they could beat anyone in the top ten let alone the top 4. GA, Oregon, Ohio State and even PSU would beat them.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Washington can't beat any of them either. They looked straight pedestrian most of the season. And aside from Oregon, they beat nobody.

DucatiBomber and Dragginass like this.
  6. Spang308

Also true, but they did beat Oregon who was ranked in the top 10. I think it will be a TX/Bama rematch in the natty with Bama winning this time.

7. rwdfun

rwdfun

Ooo ooo ooo now do Michigan.

Apparently only Bama and GA looking pedestrian at times this season gets excused and of course Texas because they whooped Bama in Tuscaloosa. Remind me again who Bama and GA beat to build their resumes?

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You should ask someone who gives a fuck about any team in the SEC.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  9. Spang308

Well, Bama beat GA, so there's that. They also beat LSU and Ole Miss.

10. rwdfun

rwdfun

Again the SEC beating other biasedly ranked SEC teams as proof they are good isn’t a valid argument. FSU beat LSU and then Florida at Florida with their 2nd string QB who will be back for the bowl game.

Buuut I just looked at the bowl schedule and they sure went overboard with the Big Ten vs SEC matchups.
    Mich vs Bama
    OSU vs Missouri
    PSU vs Ole Miss
    Iowa vs Tenn (as if Tenn fans haven’t been tortured enough by being fans of Tenn)
    Wisc vs LSU
    Maryland vs Auburn

Only the bottom 2 bowl eligible Big Ten teams don’t play an SEC opponent.

If you can make sure your Tigers can take care of Kentucky, I’ll see what I can do in the other 6 Big ten games. Hopefully FSU gets motivated to dick punch GA for being snubbed too.

Fingers crossed but the problem is most Big Ten teams take their bowl games as part vacations as they are coming from cold ass cities to warm weather. It was always the problem with the old Big Ten vs Pac Ten in the Rose Bowl. Seemed like more than half the time the PAC Ten team was from California so that Rose Bowl sponsored trip to Disneyland wasn’t even interesting. Meanwhile back in the Midwest, pictures of football players wearing Mickey ears and laughing would be plastered all over the front page of the sports section.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  11. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

And if it weren't for a terrible AU team gifting Bama a win last week, it wouldn't matter either.

Gixxerguy855 and brex like this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

Even if every Bulldog senior and draft-declaring junior sat out of the game.... Just, no.

13. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well FSU is getting their 2nd string QB back and have a month to prepare him and their D seems pretty stout. I know if GA gets to play with all their players from the last 2 years it’s not close but they don’t. They have to play with this years players only despite what GA fans think.

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I’ll bet the president of FSU is regretting his actions on blocking the 12 team playoff for this year right about now :crackup:

t11ravis likes this.
  15. auminer

That happened? If it did, the decision to go with Alabama makes even more sense.

I don't follow the machinations closely enough to be privy. Link?

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The championship is a commercial venture. Eyeballs matter more than anything else.

brex and dtalbott like this.
  17. auminer

The more I ponder this week's brouhaha, I wonder if the whole point of it was to create controversy and get people talking about it.

I might/might not have paid any attention to the Orange Bowl before. But bet dat ass I'm setting the DVR to record it now!

18. Spang308

It will be interesting to see if a lot of GA players sit out the bowl game to stay healthy for the draft. Rarely happens with a title on the line, but farely common with just a bowl game. If they all play, they should destroy FSU.

19. auminer

Yeah, I agree. Full roster it won't even be entertaining.

Now cue the resident Bitchigan fan to read what he wants to read instead of what is posted, and blather some nonsense about the last two years' roster. :confused:

20. rwdfun

rwdfun

Y'all are funny. Remember a week ago when everyone pointed to Oregon vs Wash win margin disparity for eye-ball proof that Oregon was way better? Making them a 9.5 point favorite. Yeah how'd that work out for them? Oh yeah they are now playing Liberty in a bowl game.

GA may very well show up and win but my eye ball test indicates they didn't play any non-conference opponents with a pulse and their only real win was at home against Ole Miss (might be the best SEC team not named GA or Bama). I guess I have to give Ole Miss credit for winning at Tulane. Do not count Missouri (squeaked by K State, Lost to LSU both at home). Missouri is more proof that the SEC is not as strong as you may believe.