1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Dylan and my son raced together as kids. He and his dad were good people.

Gino230, 27 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I mean if people are butt-hurt cause Rocco is too honest in an interview... SDK is not going to get a strong "welcome home".. Too soon. Water-bottle-gate is still fresh..

3. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Because image is everything.

4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I am still learning about MC racing as I only started following when I started riding...2016.

It seems to me that if talented guys like Rocco and SDK aren't liked because of interviews, and it's typically seen as ok that they don't get a ride...then we also can't complain if the sport dies from lack of interest. Like any sport people pay when they're seeing the most talented, and these guys gave proven to be among the best talent when riding domestically.

I have watched a lot of old races and interviews and the guys that are often hailed as potential G.O.A.T.s (on the the domestic and/or world stage) weren't always great personalities. Some were salty SOBs who hated losing, and hated losing to another American even more, partied hard and would be a current PR nightmare, and they're still loved.

Where's the love for these two guys?

IL8APEX, Namarow and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You been freeze-dried or doing hard time?

If you don’t recognize the utter pussification of everything around you, well, there’s a constant barrage of ads for boner pills or “transition assistance”, choose your own adventure.

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Big difference comparing guys on superbikes world superbikes and moto gp. When you reach those levels and dominate you can be as big of a douche as you want. When you dominate kids classes or 600's, not so much.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Loveable rascal=good. Douchenozzle=bad.

8. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Really? What terrible thing has he done?

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

As nothing more than a spectator, I’ve never understood people’s dislike of Rocco. Yea dude wears his heart on his sleeve but I can’t recall any instances where I thought he did something worthy of the disdain I see from some on here. Dude is just a ball of pure fucking passion. But he doesn’t make excuses. He doesn’t talk shit about others. He owns his mistakes. What’s not to like?

SDK on the other hand I’ve always though acted like a twat. Just my .02.

Boom, grapemustard, koth442 and 2 others like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don't know SDK or Rocco, but if you're a little twat to your team members, they're not going to put much effort into giving you a great bike and great strategy. I'm not saying that either of them are little twats to their team.

badmoon692008 and Quicktoy like this.
  11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

12. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Here's all I have to say.

PSX_20231126_202419.jpg

13. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Sooooo... Rocco and Gus on a Rodio Racing SS Team next year?

What brand, and PLEASE don't say Yamaha.

:p

koth442 and Namarow like this.
  14. Knarf Legna

I'll wait for the team announcement, but no Yamaha is correct.

koth442, MrGooch, Namarow and 2 others like this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don’t get the hate on Rocco or SDK.

SDK can’t control his dad, and his bitching about the 636 was probably fueled by his team, so he was hit politically doing what he was supposed to do. We dads get worked up once in a while, I don’t hold anything against his dad either.

Rocco showed some emotion, big deal!! I must have missed anything else he did wrong?

mgiossi and lopitt85 like this.
  16. Namarow

Agree on Rocco 1000% Give this guy a winning bike and you have such a great story.

mgiossi and koth442 like this.
  17. Namarow

If this is gonna happen them that is amazing! It is a well run team. I would have loved to see Rocco on the Duc but this is amazing too.

18. Knarf Legna

Don't read too much into my post, it was intended to show Rocco's attitude toward teammates that may have been in question, not a preview of things to come. Not implying anything else.
    Rocco was always willing to help Gus, never a douchenozzle to him or anyone.

koth442, 27 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Go watch all of his post race interviews. Even when he wins. There’s a reason no team wants him. If that’s how his is in an interview, no thanks to having him on my fictional team.

20. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

If I were rich, I'd start a team and only hire assholes. Fuck this winning the popularity contest!

If you can win, and are an asshole, i'd welcome you!!