MotoGP | 2023 | Race 19 | Lusail | Qatar | Nov 17-19

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I hope it comes down to the last round and gets racey. Stewards better stay the fuck out of it. If that tire pressure warning comes on for either of those two they better put some black electrical tape over it like a Check engine light.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Pecco needs to just relax and bring it home. Quali in the top 2 rows, and follow Martin if need be. Realistically he could top 5 both races and still win right? I know it aint, but seems easy enough.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bagnaia is leading the championship, is healthy, and has the same equipment as the guy chasing him. He is the defacto favorite. The point I was making is that Martin is not yet at the point where he desperately needs help.
    It's not as easy as you make it sound. If Martin wins everything, and that's not an unrealistic scenario, Bagnaia cannot afford the slightest mistake. Can't even let one guy pass him.

4. mglax13

mglax13 Well-Known Member

If Martin wins both sprints and both main races, with Pecco coming in 2nd in all of them, that will gain Martin 3 points for each sprint and 5 points for each main race. That's a total of 16 points, which would have him win the championship by 2 points (Martin: 472, Bagnaia: 470)

Seiko likes this.
  5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Yep I goofed that. I was looking at the spread between second and third. Martin controls destiny. We'll see how it plays out.

mglax13 likes this.
  6. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

I think the crew chiefs should get together and agree to ignore the front tire pressure guidelines... Now that both Pecco and Jorge have a warning the Stewards would have to dole out penalties equally, no? No one wants arbitrary penalties to decide the championship. Imagine the damage to Dorna in the collective press.

-T

fastedyamaha likes this.
  7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Martin isn't controlling his own destiny any more than Bagnaia is.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

From what they said on the fp1 broadcast if martin wins out he'd win the championship by 2 points regardless.

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

F1 sure didn’t give a shiiiiit about that, it’s gone and forgotten about now.

BigBird likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that's what I thought when I made my first post controlling his own destiny but then I got confused by @dsapsis .

11. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Martin a few tenths in front of Pecco for FP1. Pecco set his fast lap on a used hard rear and Martin presumably did his fast time on the medium. Track is very dirty.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Martin is looking a little frustrated in FP2 so far.

13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

And they're going 3 or 4 seconds faster than in FP1

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Yea he is... top times already 2.3 seconds faster than last session...

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Aprilias looking much better right now than they have been in recent weeks. Factory and RNF.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    pfhenry likes this.
  16. pfhenry

All Aprilia top 3 currently.. crazy

17. IL8APEX

^^^ Smooth track, low grip. That's when the Aprilias shine. MotoGP feed had Michelin's guy on early, and he was mentioning how the asphalt didn't have a lot of tooth. I interpreted that to mean that Aprilia and Yamaha will be viable for Qualifying and the Sprints.

-T

pfhenry likes this.
  18. pfhenry

which track was it this year when they showed the super slow mo of the shagged Aprilia front tires(can't remember whos's was worse mav's or aleix)?

19. IL8APEX

I think that was Catalunya, and yes both fronts were shredded!

-T

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I can't even conceive what it would take to shred a front tire....mine always look as smooth as a babies ass. :(

JBall likes this.