MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. VR47BALLKR

VR47BALLKR Active Member

Where's the 2025 Silly season thread?

If MM93 has a pact with Honder to return for '25...

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That would sound ridiculous in a salary agreement meeting.

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Honda is doing everything they can to get Ducati info including sending Marc as a spy and scooping up Ducati riders good or bad

BigBird likes this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Did you get this from this Art-i-Kle?,,

D.Emmett

5. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Good article. All speculative, but it does seem logical.

6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Isn’t that the very definition of “silly season” :crackup:

prm likes this.
  7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don’t quite buy the zero base, but yeah it might just be some cerveza level stuff to Marc that’s essentially zero compared to what he did before. Maybe 500k Euro bucks or something on that level. I would fully expect some kind of incentive structure though, with big bonuses for multiple wins and a huge bonus for a title.

That’s not quite “salary” but also not “not being paid anything by the team”. He’s essentially like a salesman on 100% commission which isn’t anything like “he’s riding for free”.

I usually like David, but this is such an ass pull. Bastianini wants an out at Ducati because of “pressure”? Dafuq? Did we not see the same dude last year? This kid is a hard charger and gives zero fucks, it would be a retarded move to leave. Sucks that he’s got into this terrible cycle of injury, I think a healthy Enea would be consistently handing everyone their asses. Hope to see fireworks between him and Marc next year! Enea has major “it” factor, which is something Pecco and most of the grid lack.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Surprised that Toprak never came into play with Marquez bailing.

it’s shocking that the list wasn’t 30 deep for his ride. Instead it’s scraping the drain.

really sad. More sad that there’s no ‘mericans even being tossed out there even as a long shot option.

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Toprak's M1 test was apparently not impressive. The Paddock Pass podcast said he had the latest braking ever seen on an M1. The problem is he also had the slowest corner speed ever seen, too.

10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Given some time I’ll bet he would get to the apex at the right speed on a MotoGP bike. I’m glad he’s staying in WSBK though.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

IIRC, Toprak never had the "lust in my heart" desire to be in the MotoGP circus. I'm sure that affected his "test ride" results.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

To be fair, he can lose to a Ducati right where he is.

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

It's over bruh, Beast is done at Duc. He'll be lucky to catch a good satellite ride on a 1 year deal at this point.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He signed with BMW long before Marquez confirmed his departure.

BigBird likes this.
  15. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Read that Honda discussing with Marini about the seat.

16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Nobody with at least two functioning brain cells should be entertaining getting off a Duc to ride that steaming pile of shit, unless it involves fuck you levels of financial compensation AND a world renowned orthopedic surgeon on speed dial.

CRA_Fizzer, BigBird and Badger911GT3 like this.
  17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Big bro gonna heavily discourage that move lol.

18. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Dont tell Zarco that:)

19. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I concur on both comments. BUT! There always is one. Little bro also prob wants to get PAID by Factory atleast once. Then he should be set if he doesnt blow it like Ionne. Plus, MM leaving Honda is going to force them to come up with a better bike. MM was masking how bad that pig was. I give them 2 years and they will right the ship..

Mr 46 wont pay even his little bro the $$ that a factory seat can. If he can stay alive for 2 years, then I say its worth listening to atleast. Not sure how technical he is and can he actually help develop it.

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Marini get the seat. Doubtfull, but I honestly think he's a damn good rider, and his progression to the front the last couple years isn't by chance. He's pretty close to getting a win I think, but throwing a leg over the Honda would set that back again.