Kenny Roberts poster, curious about artist

Discussion in 'General' started by backbone, Oct 22, 2023.

1. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I've had this poster for hears and it was a friends Father's before he gave it to me. He was a Yamaha rep in the 70/80s. Anyway I hadn't looked at if closely for years. It seems to be a poster of a painting. I was wondering if there were any OLDer timers out there that may know something about the artist. TIA

50.jpg 50.1.jpg

2. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

3. backbone

Thanks for the info. Sure seems like that was him. I'd like to see a collection of his paintings.

4. motodog650

This is the only one I've found online:

upload_2023-10-22_19-13-33.png

Dan Gurney. Pretty cool!

backbone likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's a cool painting. The upper car is a Formula 1 car and the lower one is an IndyCar. Bobby Unser won the Indy 500 in 1975 with that car. I believe James Hunt raced the F1 car.

motodog650 likes this.
  6. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

F5000 I think not F1

7. motodog650

8. backbone

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I believe you're right. A good friend of mine won the 24 Hours of Daytona in Gurney's Toyota GTP car in 1993.

10. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Dismore has a lot of the original memorabilia in his basement bar.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I knew I recognized that name, used to see his stuff in Cycle World way back when magazines were a thing.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, loved his stuff in CW. I even gave out some motorcycle-related Christmas cards of his a while back.

Banditracer likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Back in the 90’s I worked with Rocky Moran and his wife, regarding a Point of Sale system at a retail store they had at the Mission Viejo Mall. Really nice guy, that later developed a kart track out in Beaumont, which was really nice. Only problem was land values went up much quicker than we all hoped, and he sold it off about 5 years later, turning it into commercial buildings.