MotoGP | 2023 | Race 15 | Mandalika | Indonesia | Oct 13 - 15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 9, 2023.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

With a fight at the top now, and Martin on a roll, this should be fun

[​IMG]

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Bummed MB72 won’t be there but hoping for more rain as those races are so much fun.

3. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

I was so bummed there wasn't a race this past weekend. I actually logged into MotoGP.com just to see if I might have been wrong.

Dance, MotoGP Monkeys!

A lack of good weather setup data at this track means a Ducatifest on the podium, right? Looks like Bez is out, so I'll take BB33 for the Sprint Victory and a podium of Quartararo, Bagnaia, Martin (Reverse order, Martin wins!)

-T

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Not a good time for Ducati who have 4 riders injured and in doubt for this weekends race in Indonesia

Enea Bastianini (ankle and hand)
    Michele Pirro (ankle)
    Luca Marini (collarbone)
    Marco Bezzecchi (collarbone)

-Everything Moto

5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

yet their odds for winning are still substantially huge…

Phl218 likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yet everyone thinks MM93 can't get injured on it

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Many of the riders are probably happy MM93 will be more in control now… and not crashing and taking anyone out with him as much :)

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Watch Honda make a miraculous recovery next season.

2smokeRonin and cbush like this.
  9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

This season has been super weird in terms of pacing. We had two significant breaks between rounds early in the season that made it hard to get invested early on. We're kinda now back to the normal every other week routine.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

The did try to hire Gigi, but he was like pass. So they are trying to change the way they do things and trying to get a quick fix.

The question which rider leads the path forward?

DJ Baker likes this.
  11. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Same thought occurred to me.

Lecuona to LCR and Zarco to Repsol where he gels with the new Honda and finally gets that first win?

27 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Whatcha smokin guys? I want some!

13. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s likely or anything. Would be cool though - I’d like to see Zarco get a win.

KneeDragger_c69 and 27 like this.
  14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

While the Honda certainly has issues, they have managed to win a full GP race this year. KTM has not. With some (a lot) of fresh thinking I think they will turn this around. Having Marc out may be a blessing in disguise.

Boman Forklift and cbush like this.
  15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

:stupid:

Seriously....

Taka, Zarco and two other unknowns are going to flip things around?

BigBird likes this.
  16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You don't expect Honda to be in the back forever do you? It might take a year or two, but they will be back.

brex and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It’s a really special blend called “Rossi”!!!!!!:crackup:You already have some.

I’ve heard it has very delusional properties?

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Agreed! Hopefully Yamaha is back someday too, but I think Honda has a much better chance, unless Yamaha changes their engine configuration.

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Honda needs a development rider worth a shit and accept change. They may not be that far off actually if they get a good tester and engineer to sort things.
    Yamaha needs to ditch Lin and their engine. Further away than Honda, even if it looks otherwise right now.

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not what I said. The implication in the posts above was that Honda was going to win in 2024. Even 2025 it would be a surprise, but one that would enjoy to see mindewe!