CamP out rest of season

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

lordy, we have a factory superbike seat up for grabs and the odds on favorite is a 40 something smdh. Huge Hayes fan but cmon nowwwwww. Where are all the mid twenty somethings at? We seem to have these huge gaps in the series; youngins with promise and the rest are some retreads that have been around and around. I went and looked at the superbike, sb cup, and stock 1000 standings and there isnt anyone screaming im ready for a jump.

IDK, if I am trying to speculate on a random rider that I would love to see in a legit program it would be riders that are all locked up: Ashton Yates, Corey A, Travis W, Ezra, Kaleb.

If I could waive a magic wand, I would put Rocco, Dumas, or JD on there but I dont get the sense that is going to happen. Pipe dreams.

Fuck it, put Nolan on the bike, kid has shown some major growth this year IMO.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

You're absolutely right on all accounts. But as a fan (so ignoring logic to some degree) I'd rather see Rocco for 2 reasons:
    1. I want to see Hayes get that win this year. And as much as this pains me to say it, I just don't see that happening in SBK. Even if he's still at the top of his game and on par with Jake, Cam, & Herrin, they've already got half a season gelling with their machines and all 3 seem to be in peak form. I just don't see JH4 making up the lost ground, especially bouncing between 2 teams and coaching every weekend. It's just too much. Would rather see him fully committed to supersport when he's already on top form himself and finally get THE win.
    2. I want to see Rocco back on a bike and continuing to grow at the pro level. Snubbing young up n comers like him for a seasoned vet may be the smarter move for a team short term but hurts the sport long term.

Shenanigans likes this.
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

Rocco ain't ready for superbike, y'all trying to get that kid hurt.

AFAIK he hasn't even raced a SSTK bike. Lets put him on a top flight SBK?

Brandon Paasch would be my next choice after Hayes.

Or Rossi.

sheepofblue likes this.
  4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Normally I would agree. But I truly believe that kid is special and will end up winning on anything you put him on. His body is not built for motoGP. He will be a superbike rider. He is big enough, smart enough, and has some real skills. He isnt going to win on the first weekends no.. But his youth will allow quick growth. He would be silly wasting a season on a stk 1000 ride. How many riders jump up from stk 1000 to superbike and win?

grapemustard and 418 like this.
  5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I know Andrew Lee has Kawasaki ties but I think he's one of the few that don't have a current ride and has proven themselves at Stock 1000 level.

Boman Forklift and 23103a like this.
  6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Whatchu talkin bout Willis? Aint like we're suggesting he go fill in for Mir. He's a multitime supersport winner. What more credentials does he need? And I'm pretty sure he's spun a decent number of laps on a 1 liter at the club level. Could be wrong but pretty sure I've seen that somewhere before.

grapemustard and lopitt85 like this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

They seen that Elco and no there would no chicks for the rest of the paddock. That body and that mullet of vehicle means all the nookie belongs to Robby Bobby.

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Please please please :dead: let us get to see Rocco on this bike

9. Jordan Diggs

Jordan Diggs Lifelong Back Marker

I saw him take a bike from California Superbike School and go top 4/5 at CVMA back in 2019/2020 im sure with his experience now he’d be fine

10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Also, hoping for a full and speedy recovery for CamP. I've struggled through some injuries while competing and it fucking sucks to know what you're capable of but having to deal with underperforming because you're injured.

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Rocco is gonna come to you walking with those crazy arms and kick you in the dick!!

ToofPic and 418 like this.
  12. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Bummer for CP45....

I''m a big Hayes fan... but now is the time to throw some darts. Young, hungry and I'd be looking at the Euro scene besides a few riders here. Everyone says Rocco, sorry, he would get his ass kicked in that environment unless a lot of change happened.

Ken

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wasn’t Rocco the one flailing his arms at everyone in qualifying at laguna?

Once a Wanker.. and Circacee like this.
  14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Bring SDK back, or Joe R.

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

No one mentioned busting GG's contract? He's coming back sooner or later, no?

16. prm

prm Well-Known Member

GG is signed for next season.

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

JH4. Checks every single box that Yamaha would need.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  18. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Joe Roberts rides an R1 on Dunlops during the Laguna tire test, and then all of the sudden a top tier R1 ride becomes available in the US... Hmmmm...

-T

DJ Baker likes this.
  19. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Rocco isn't ready and not sure he ever will be 'ready'.

20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

This is very tricky!

We are always complanining that there arent not enough good rides out there, but when one of the best becomes available we dont have a great rider for it (dont get me wrong, we have great riders, just not great fits right now).