MotoAmerica LivePlus

Discussion in 'General' started by cBJr, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

His segments are a blast and great filler between races. I also like the Josh segments a lot. Hearing his take on stuff is worth the subscription.

Haven't had any sound issues on roku on my end, no issues at all this past weekend. Other times I've had issues on one platform and not others so not sure it's all on the MA ende of things.

2. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Uh… look at grids, look at viewership, visit the Daytona 200? How can you say it’s not?

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

This Saturday, I was simultaneously streaming on the website on my PC and from my phone to a TV using Chromecast. The Chromecast feed got out of sync pretty badly, but the PC version didn't. Some of these issues might be caused by the hardware we're using.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because I spend my entire life at races and see real numbers? Because I see spectator numbers at motoamerica races growing? Because their app and tv viewership is growing?

Not sure what grids you're looking at either, hell they had to split the Hooligans race in two.

Dragginass likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm pretty sure I watched AMA superbike racing on speed vision back in those days. Is my mind playing tricks on me?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Like I said, an add on (i.e. you have to pay extra for it) cable/satellite channel. Not in a base package and for sure on on an over the air channel. You could find it but you had to look for it and even then it was one class or two if you were really lucky.

I know motorcycle racing has been on TV, we had WERA Pro Series on Prime Ticket networks in the early 90's. Watching from the TV truck was fun, got to see all the camera angles all at once.

7. Christopher Graybosch

so more people are racing nationwide and more people are watching / attending races today vs 2008?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not 100% on the racing compared to that specific year, I'd have to dig through some records but there are absolutely way more people on tracks than in 08. The number of racers went down with the influx of trackdays through the 2000s while the number of on track riders went way up and continues to be huge. After a bit the racing end of things has stabilized and goes up and down depending on economy and lockdowns and such but the last couple of years have been pretty good all in all. Definitely yes on the watching/attending pro races, especially with the ease of access to coverage.

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

is it in decline, or not nearly as popular as it was 20 yrs ago? yea, but for much different reasons than "it's just too hard to watch"

10. Christopher Graybosch

My memories are playing tricks on me then because i for sure used to wait hours in line to watch the 200 let’s say or 40K people watching road America on site. But when I was there last year, there was not 40k people at RA.

as for racing grids I will defer to you for sure, as I’m only an amateur for the last 5 years, but AMA grids were bigger than MotoAmerica grids. The 2004 AMA Superbike championship race at barber had 40 racers, with 39 riders on track.

that’s not happening today

11. Christopher Graybosch

I didn’t say that was the main reason, but to say it’s not part of it would be lying to yourself. I don’t even hear radio or see adds at all for racing anymore. It just isn’t the same.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've never seen a line to watch the 200 - and given all the changes the last 5 years with that event it's just silly to compare it to anything right now.

The Superbike grid is down yes, it's always been a bit cyclical and the factories don't toss out money remotely like they used to. The events overall have larger rider turnouts than the end of the AMA Pro days and way better than DMG.

You keep trying to compare the areas that are down to prove your point but you're ignoring the whole to do it.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure where you live, there were radio and tv and billboard ads for MA for Road Atlanta. Hell, some of the TV stuff ran even after the event was over :crackup: We no longer do them as we saw no return and one bad weather weekend would kill us having that kind of money laid out already.

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Hey all racers are whiney bitches. I pay for MotoGP, worldsbk and motoamerica plus. All I'm asking is to be able to turn live plus on and not have it spoiled :confused:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know, I was stating the obvious there which is why it made me literally laugh as I typed it :D

16. noles19

We're also conceded. So you're welcome for making you laugh

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

noles19 and brex like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Conceited? :crackup:

19. noles19