Electric mower

Discussion in 'General' started by Jon Wilkens, Jun 25, 2023.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I bought this corded model about 10 years ago when I lived on a postage stamp city lot. It accomplished the job well enough. Quiet operation for not pissing off the neighborhood at first light before it got too hot here in Texas was key motivation factor.

I've since moved to a 5 acre property and bought a riding mower, fixed a nice gas mower I found on the curb that someone had fed corn gas... but I still haven't thrown this one away yet.

It'll do small jobs admirably, quietly, hassle free, and at a moments notice.

[​IMG]

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

https://www.amazon.com/GreenWorks-2...ocphy=9026958&hvtargid=pla-306140053403&psc=1

This appears is the model, thought I can't imagine I paid that much. 29APR16 was the purchase date. Probably cost a lot less then.

[​IMG]

I busted it out just about a month ago for a quick touch-up of the fenced area of the back yard and it did a bang-up job.

The difference between gas and electric to me is the hassle of fighting with the cord versus the hassle of messing with keeping corn-free gas on hand. Since I have 6 engines on hand that I only feed ethanol-free gas, it has relegated the corded model to the back of the garage.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  3. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Think about this, and this is not the first time in nyc, when you buy your battery powered stuff made in PRC

4. VR45 Troll

5. VR45 Troll

6. VR45 Troll

Any questions?

Ive got a good friend whose Mom goes back to China for a few months a year and he won’t buy Chinese battery powered shit and he eats whole frogs and boiled duck feet.

7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I’m a really big Ryobi fan. Assuming your yard is small like ~100 square feet-ish, any brand will be fine though.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I have an 80V Kobalt mower, 40V blower and trimmer.
    They work great, and are far more convenient that the gas items I junked or sold after I got these.

Jon Wilkens and SuddenBraking like this.
  9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

40V Blower????
    Does she have a sister!!!!!!??????

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What happens in the gayrage stays in the gayrage.

Banditracer likes this.
  11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Buy a goat!

not Marc Marquez

12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

When I had my first house with tiny yard I bought the ryobi electric 40v. I then shortly moved to 1.8 acres and has been hanging on my wall ever since. It feels flimsy and cuts….ok. I’m sure it’ll do fine for what you want.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The robot mowers are starting to hit the US market. Think roomba that cuts your grass.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Husqvarna had their robot mower here 5+ years ago. My local coney island uses one.

I have several neighbors that have the electric mowers. Ego seems to have the voltage, Milwaukee seems to have many many more tools for the same battery, the ryobi stuff has always been shit.

Personally I'd base it on the Toro system where you have 4 or 5 outdoor tools with 1 battery pack and more importantly the warranty on the batteries and chargers...think snow ? Think if your battery tools will turn into tree limbs and weedwhips.

I have Milwaukee stuff at work and that m18 pole saw is the cats ass for tree limbs that are up 15 foot or so

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I worked with the engineers on the Milwaukee stuff years ago. They were working on stuff for the pro market that was insanity. ;-)

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

And a petroleum hauler exploding is why there's a whopping great hole in I-95 now. Not to mention the petrochemicals burned in eastern OH just a few months ago. And any other number of oil/gas based explosions and burns in the past year. Congratulations.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Let me guess

You typed your response on a product made of byproducts from the oil industry

969 likes this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I don’t take the ego stuff at my pawn shop as I’ve had some of it fall apart pretty easily. The entry and mid level ryobi stuff is good and I sell a bunch of it including recently a little like 12” lawnmower. I personally own the Dewalt chainsaw weed Wacker and blower combo and all work great on 60v

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  19. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

corded shit is the best IF you've used an airline with a grinder before.

My craftsman corded chainsaw is awesome... torque from the go!

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  20. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

maybe 100 feet by 50...if that.