Uh…that’s a hard no from me dawg

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He was smoking Marlboros and jerking off while coming up with a fix. . . Superglue and getting your jerk on ain’t a good idea.

R Acree likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Somebody gave MM93 the Playstation controller?

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Climbed out hours ago

Pixelator likes this.
  4. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

News just said their air will probably run out around 7a.m. Thursday morning. Man this really sucks.

5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Just posted an insta video in the YouTube thread. From a while back, interview with the sub owner/company. Yikes.

6. sdg

sdg *

Yep, plus fire the guy with some sense of safety. Fuck em.

socalrider likes this.
  7. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

As it turns out, they should have put a loud ass generator on the sub! Would have never lost it.

Rebel635, Pixelator and auminer like this.
  8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Is that like getting Herculiner on your Hootus?

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Found them yet?

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Does it suck though? The CEO was a retard who consciously endangered the lives of every one of his employees and customers who boarded that death trap because he was arrogant and caught up in his own alleged genius. I’m not glad that people died, but if people were going to die then this asshole got what he deserved.

For everyone else, I feel bad for them but their life survival skills were obviously lacking. That thing looked like a total pile of shit from the get go, and if you listen to CEO Dipshit speak more than a sentence or 2 you would run from that thing if you had a modicum of sense.

Moreover…… white people. Taking a tourist expedition to visit the gravesite of 1500 people who drowned in terror is pretty much inviting bad karma. I don’t go jogging over gravestones either. A little bit of superstition would’ve saved any of these folks from facing the same terror as the folks whose gravesite they came to gawk at.

70 years hence some other assholes will die when they find the debris field of this piece of crap sub and want to go gawk at it and see if they can find CEO Dipshit’s femur bone.

It’s entirely possible to make a submersible that’s safe (relative to diving to the bottom of the ocean), and meets commercial safety standards. Triton made one that went to 36,000 feet, almost triple what the deathtrap was trying to achieve. I watched a video on YouTube about how they built and tested the thing, it was incredible.

https://tritonsubs.com/subs/t36000-2/

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    socalrider, Jedb, Killswitch and 7 others like this.
  11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The show Expedition Unknown is looking for Great Lakes wrecks tonight. Good or bad timing I suppose.

Fitz was already mentioned, but apparently some French WW1 mine sweepers on their way out of dock is the worst ever loss of life.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

At this point, unless it surfaced and is bobbing around somewhere there
    is no way they could effect a rescue even if they knew its exact location.
    With no rescue systems on-site and ready to go there just isn't enough time.
    Tough way to go but they knew this could happen.

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I've heard Army of Darkness' submersible has exactly that!

Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

15. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I feel bad for the 19 year old kid. Dude had a full life ahead of him and seemingly a decent financial backing to do whatever he wanted.. Could have raced motorcycles.

Also FWIW.. They keep talking about oxygen supply (and I'm not sure if its been mentioned in this thread yet) But if that sub lost power systems Sunday, they're already dead. You gatta get the Co2 saturation out of the internal atmosphere of that thing, and carbon dioxide scrubbers are how they do it. But if they lose power they're useless.

16. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

From one analysis report CO2 scrubbers are big, bulky and recognizable. And these "experts" claimed after reviewing tons of pics and video of the deathtrap that they didn't recognize evidence or a scrubber anywhere on it. Not surprised.

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I can only imagine the ambulance chasers lining up on the doorsteps. There's no "release and hold harmless" that those people signed that will rescue that dude from this. What he did was beyond criminal.

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

How do you hold a dead man liable?

19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Or just died of hypothermia. Cant be very warm down there.

20. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I’m sure he had insurance. Like all responsible businesses.