Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You probably bought your truck used ?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He has a rare truck.

3. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

And likely has spent the cost of the truck in time and money keeping it pristine

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, he'd do that with a chevette :crackup:

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I also bought it when gas prices were $4+ plus a gallon and they couldn't get rid of a vehicle that gets 9 miles to the gallon. Add to that the 06 model was coming off the truck while they still had an 04 in the showroom and you won't be in a much better bargaining position. :D

6. Venom51

Yes...yes I would.

7. cha0s#242

Are you gonna tell us wtf truck it is ? :D

8. Venom51

I just assumed everyone here knows sorry. I have the big trunk and cheap insurance optioned Viper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cha0s#242

That is sweet :D
    Over here, a 2006 IS-F with 90k kms is listed at 33k, with rebuilt title and IS 350 seats. Wow !

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Beautiful!! Didja spill beer on the hose?

11. Venom51

Impossible...I don't drink.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Saw the ITS in person; here's my thoughts

I don't think the Type R owners have anything to worry about. The Type S if you get it for MSRP is nice, but it's not a Type R.

The quarter panel is an added on molding, so there's a gap, it's not integrated. The Type S interior definitely feels upscale, and seats are nice, but doesn't have the same feel as the R.
    After seeing the Type S I was like this is nice, and I came back to my R and was like this looks different and special.

You can make an Integra a Type S looks wise, but you can't make a Civic look like a Type R.

If they both are the same price, I'm still choosing my R. Just my .02

52986502681_ffb93cd46b_k.jpg

cha0s#242 likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

14. cha0s#242

I like it, but have yet to see it in the flesh. Overall, it seems a bit more adult. https://www.roadandtrack.com/review...WEUZt2bz_PP04KRcUW0V0pHO9spz3ztCrwhFGDZv0IKf0

15. Venom51

The Urus called and wants its front bumper back. That styling on that car is trying a little too hard.

The stupid screen that looks like it was an after thought and they just bolted a tablet to the dash is a no go on any car.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

17. cha0s#242

I have to say the styling on the first gen Type-R is a little too out there for my taste, but the new one is much classier and so is the 'Teg.

quikie and BigBird like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

So I have my ECU from the CTR sent out to be unlocked, so I needed a rental car for a couple days and got a Chevy Bolt EV...

I was a no electric car person, but OMG....think i'm addicted to electric power....I made myself motion sick yesterday with that instant torque.

I did like 29 mph in the Elantra and people are like slow down. You can do like 50 in this thing and no one says any thing.

So true ...so much more fun to drive a "slow" car fast than a fast car slow. This thing peeling out, screeching tires on turns...it's so hilarious

19. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me the first time I rode in my buddy’s Tesla. My brain couldn’t process that much instantaneous acceleration from a standing start. I got a bit queasy.

BigBird likes this.
  20. Venom51

And in the first 10 seconds you get to experience the only party trick it has. Then it's just a really fancy golf cart.

scottn, Phl218 and Saiyan66 like this.