MotoGP | 2023 | Race 5 | Le Mans | France | May 12-14

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 8, 2023.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im impressed with the Kalex chassis MM is on. Kalex can just whip one up like its nothing and be better than the yammie and honder chassis.

That impresses me like you cant imagine being a trained mechanical engineer myself.

MM on the other hand can suck it!

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

it has nothing to do with the chassis today... That’s all MM...

the other Honda’s have nothing... Mir is a bad ass on a bike he gels with... he’s on the same chassis as MM Rins can’t do anything with the bikes and he won in TX.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

YOU can suck it too!!

:Poke:

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’ve spent some time with your buddy MM years ago, Moto2 days, for a promo we were doing. It was during his first duploma sight issues. I have some insight to his actions and attitude. I thought he was nuts then, or just a kid that got hurt with no awareness of permanent damage, and he went on to win all the chips after.

I’ve also been in VRs garage and met him a few times and have absolutely nothing bad to say about the goat. Stoner kicks ass :D

BigBird and Razr like this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit of both. I think he's still the cream of the crop talent wise, but the depth of the entire field is much stronger now. The other bikes have caught up too.

Binder IMO is really starting to show his talent and maturity. KTM has worked their way towards the front and gave him a bike that can finally showcase that on a regular basis.

BigBird likes this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I think so too, but I don’t think the Honda was ever good for anyone but MM. It’s all about feel and speaking of his front slides are what cements him as one of the absolute best ever. Binder has great feel with the KTM Miller too. Suzuki was the same with Mir and Rins. Teams are now connecting the right riders to their bikes it seems.

Remember Zarco kicking ass on the Yamaha, sucking and crying and leaving the KTM, then going great on the Duc? We all feel things differently.

If anyone would have told us that MotoGP would be dominated by Euro bikes we’d have laughed just a few years ago.

BigBird likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It seems that at least some of the elite MotoGP guys have taken some distance from Dr. Mir since that whole debacle and taken their business elsewhere. I can't remember exactly who or when, but one guy getting fixed by another surgeon sometime in the last couple of years was the one that caused me to first notice this. Heard a few more since. Can't remember the name of the surgeon.

Last time I heard Dr. Mir mentioned, he was fixing Lance Stroll earlier this year. If his elite motorsports business has shifted to F1, that's going to be a major dent on the revenue stream.
    Say what? I thought some folks declared Alex Rins the new top guy at Honda when he embarrassed Marquez at COTA, in their estimation.

BigBird, cbush and 27 like this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The Honder doesn't look *that* bad to me. Hodgey was making comments that made no sense to me. He kept saying the Euro bikes were lunging away from MM on corner exits, and I just don't see it. MM was keeping up pretty well without overcooking every corner entrance and I didn't see any bikes blasting by him on the straights.

27 and lopitt85 like this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Very similar here in the US with Dr Ting... I’ve never met him, but I did see some of his work that had to be redone, exactly like the MM scenario.

Actually a bunch of us have Mladin to thank for befriending Doc Tom Bryan. He’s fixed more of us than Ting did and even though he’s retired he just did an arm pump surgery on a racer a few weeks ago, as a favor and fan of our sport.

My fav dr appointment ever was the day after a knee scope in LA, 2nd one he did on me. I had to go for the follow up. I get there at the crack of noon to a waiting room full of patients. The staff ushers me through straight into a tiny room to the side that had Doc Tom, Kevin Schwantz, Nicky and Tommy, and now me. Talk about fast company. He was looking at Nicky’s wrist, Tommy’s leg, my knee... all in the same room like an orthopedic party.... I never asked Kevin what he was doing there.

He did two more knee surgeries on me and I owe the quality of life I’ve had since to him. Can’t express enough gratitude for what he did that no dr would, all because he cares and loves our sport.

cBJr, BigBird, Dragginass and 2 others like this.
  10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Did Bezzecchi mean to do that move on Aleix or did he blow that turn?!? Only he knows I’m sure, cool pass how it worked out in the next 3 corners. Great battle.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He was The Man in MGP before they defected to Dr. Mir.

12. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Martin coming into form, as expected. Is it too late to save him in the 2024 rider's market?

Congrats to Marini over MM93! Quartararo dumps it but wins the Brolly Dolly contest.

-T

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I thought Acosta handled the Euro guys... or was he just the Mobil Clinica guy?

When I was sent the xrays of the Tib/fib plating fiasco that Ting did I couldn’t believe it. It looked like a farmers fence post hacked together and that’s probably an insult to most farmers. They had to have it redone and went to a ski dr in Colorado. This was 2010ish.

having shit rebroken and reset and hardware in sucks beyond imagine... it’s not something I ever want to do again.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Costa ran the clinic at the track until a few years ago.

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

who did Rossi’s leg? That was some next level recovery there...

16. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

MM proving he’s still king.

Senna likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't remember. That was during Dr. Ting's era but I can't imagine that Rossi flew to the US with a broken leg. I would guess that he saw someone in Europe. Costa?

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dr Roberto Buzzi in Florence

BigBird and 27 like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D

20. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

By finishing 5th

stk0308 and 27 like this.