MotoGP | 2023 | Race 2 | Termas de Río Hondo | Argentina | April 1

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 27, 2023.

1. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Should have been a ban for the next 3 rounds he was physically fit to enter.

Two long laps is way too lenient.

2. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

If deemed reckless, maybe the rider causing a crash resulting in injuries to another rider should be suspended for as many races as the injured rider is unable to race? One race minimum.

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

The FIM stewards should stick to MM93's LL penalty at Argentina.. if MM93 fails to perform the penalty, he gets suspended/dq'd for the next round.

Problem solved... HRC sends MM93 to Argentina to ride at 70% and take care of his penalty. OR they miss points for 2 rounds.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Folger to replace Pol for Cota race.

Dan Dubeau and BigBird like this.
  5. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

can anyone get FP1 Moto3 or Moto2 to play?

6. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Weird FP1. Vinales and Aleish 1-2, Morbidelli P7, Pecco barely in top 10, and Quarter-pounder back in P15. Possible rain by FP2, so this might be the set grid.

7. Trainwreck

Mav looked really good. I hope he can keep the aggression up this season.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

While I'm not a huge fan a Mav's, I always thought he didn't live up to his potential.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

He's the John Kocinski of the modern era.

Michael Hausknecht likes this.
  10. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Mir languishing down in last...must be a confidence inspiring machine he is on:rolleyes:

11. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Yet somehow Taka was 4th.

12. Used2befast

Probably cause Taka has been on that bike for way longer...

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

maybe he can bowl some of his competitors out of the way ;)

14. Used2befast

Yep, seems like what some other champions do.

Mir ain't no mad dog Marquez though.

15. Trainwreck

I've been a fan of Mav for a long time. (It's been tough) He's always been the same. Give him what he asks for, get him comfortable, and watch him rip. He hasn't changed and manufacturers expecting him to is silly. Don't want a rider to act like that? don't hire him. This kid fucked off a whole Moto3 time, hopped on a plane and left them during a GP weekend. lol

I will say, his attitude seems so much more positive right now. Aprilia was a really good move for him. I think the relationship is really healthy between him and the team. Aleix and Mav are good friends too (we will see how long that lasts if Mav starts really outperforming him though)

From 2016-2019 all I wanted was to see a good head to head battle between MM93 and Mav on their best day.. Never happened though.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Anyone else see Skinner's bike tie itself in knots? That thing looks like a handful.

17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Apes on top in final practice.....

ape1.jpg

NemesisR6 likes this.
  18. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Quarter-pounder looks lost, can’t get forward drive. Meanwhile Morbidelli is several spots further up the charts. El Diablo struggled mightily at this track last year, too. Looks like his team hasn’t figured things out any better this year. Aprilia looks strong. Pecco looks calmly good too. Gonna be a hell of a sprint race tomorrow.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  19. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Mav and Aleix look awfully comfortable. I know Aleix won here last year and Mav has certainly found some rhythm.

Not liking either of them for the sprint win (maybe if one of them get away clean on the start) but if they can get on the front row I'd be hard pressed to bet against either of them for the Sunday race.....

cbush likes this.
  20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Hard to predict Sunday when you don't know who will survive Saturday