Dirt bike dickheads…….??

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Dec 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I think the XR100 has a smaller frame than the TTR. I am 5'9" and fit fine on the 100 I have; I don't bang my knees on the bars unless I get really stupid on it. I also have a DRZ125 which I think is similar in size to the TTR. It is more spacious than the XR but has the same seat height because it has smaller wheels. For going in circles I like the XR a lot more. I think the bigger wheels make the difference. The XR is also noticeably lighter.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

And $1600 for a clean XR sounds like a pretty good deal in today's market. And in 5 or 10 years if you decide to sell it, you will get the same price for it.

SpeedyE and britx303 like this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Might try and go check it out up close. Even if we keep it, it’ll be nice to have a purpose built one to leave setup per discipline. We got tired of the mad rush of wheel swaps/repairs etc between the indoor FT and the hare scrambles which are often within a week or two of each other. Burned us out and made us step back almost 2 years now. I think I’ve just convinced myself on that xr :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. britx303

I admit I had some buyers remorse with the klx, once I sat on a kx112 at the dealer. Yes……..I want to hurt myself faster:D But just now finishing up all my prep on the klx, and test running it around now, it really has nice “grunt”, with the fmf slip on, new air filter and rejet. I was getting nervous thinking it won’t pull my arse uphill…….but realizing now it’s all mental ………what’s new?:crackup:

5. britx303

Battery question…... New battery for the KLX just arrived. The battery is mounted on its side/back on this bike. Thing is, the battery that’s sold as a replacement is the type that you fill with the electrolyte and put the seal strip in. This seems wrong to have this type of battery laying on its back/side……correct?

6. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Funnest bike I have ever owned. Fun on the minimoto gokart track w/ 16" front wheel and street tyres, and wreckless abondon in the yard/grass/dirt w/ the 19" front and knobbies..... So much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!, and I am discovering, it is a low-injury learning tool for bigger bikes. Lets you try new challenges and get away w/ it, stuff that translates to the bigger bikes.
    Get one, You wont be sorry :)

britx303 and TurboBlew like this.
  7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If it's an AGM I think it'll be OK as you are actually sealing it up with that pressed in strip. If it's a normal flooded lead acid I'd be finding a new batt option and sending that one back.

britx303 likes this.
  8. britx303

Yes, AGM. Rockymt sold it as a direct replacement for the klx, so I went with it. The battery that came with the bike is still working fine, but it’s a couple years old and with the hare scramble in a week I didn’t want to chance an old battery, miles into the woods. Fingers crossed.

9. britx303

Yeah see now I’m torn. I want the XR, but I’m also ready to start getting all the RT100 parts to start upgrading everything, and order that DT100 chamber from Asia to top it off. I’d say that I could just take my time with the RT, but it’s already been sitting almost 2 years since the last hare scramble I did on it, it left me stranded half mile from the GD finish line, and I was in a podium position :mad: I was so pissed I parked it and walked away. I do want that XR though too:crackup:

SpeedyE likes this.
  10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

From my limited XR100 experience, I think it feels more stable handling than the TTR125. Not that you're looking for it but, perhaps, that makes it a better beginner's bike?

britx303 and SpeedyE like this.
  11. britx303

We’ve got a ttr125. That’s what my daughter races in hare scrambles. At this point we’ve done everything over the past week besides a big bore for that thing:D I took it once on the woods loop at Budds when we first got it a few years ago. I go through spurts where I ride it more than her:p Great little slow bike that I can pretend I’m fast on :crackup:

12. britx303

Just got a free year subscription to RRW for leaving a couple reviews for RockyMountain dirtbike parts etc. Pretty cool……not sure if you other dirty bikers knew about this stuff. I sure as hell didn’t

Letitsnow, SpeedyE and Phl218 like this.
  13. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Lithium Ion, and be done with it. Ski

ungwaha likes this.
  14. britx303

Went with cash in hand to look at the XR. I looked all around the showroom floor until the sales lady came up. I asked about it and she had to call the back room to find it. Turns out it was a customer’s bike that had a blown engine and customer didn’t want to pay to fix it. Somebody at the dealer mistakenly put it on the site for sale and said “excellent condition” :confused: damn it:D

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hey, dickheads. I'm trying to find shorty levers for cable brake (KLX110) and I mean short, not just 1/2" shorter. Are those dinosaurs or what?
    Clutch levers all day (they're calling them "stunt" levers :rolleyes:), but shorty brake levers? Nope. Flipping a clutch lever so the workings are exposed on the top is doable for the brake side, but all the levers I'm finding are shaped like a Glock. Doesn't anybody make a shorty lever as smooth as an OEM Honda's?
    WTF? :mad:

Motion Pro has some seemingly nice ones with a rubber grip surface, but they ain't exactly what I'd call a shorty.
    China makes shit all day long, but the angle they have the lever sticking out is ridiculous...and they're profiled like a brick.

I miss the good ol' days.
    Magura doesn't even offer cable-type levers any more...

I'm blaming millennials for the downfall of all things that used to work beautifully and are now unavailable...or work like shit. :D

16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

ASV makes some really nice shorties but $$$$
    Tusk has some decent folding ones for ~40$, not sure about the KLX110 specifically.

britx303 likes this.
  17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im baffled as to how one would blow up a 100... Ive seen them run with then electrode completely bashed off by the piston & the slide installed backwards...lol

SpeedyE and britx303 like this.
  18. britx303

Yeah Tusk came to mind, as I just saw nice looking shorties on rockymt atv when getting all my parts last week

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Dirtybike dickheads in Anaheim this weekend.

Sabre699 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  20. britx303

Bikes and gear loaded for the scramble tomorrow!!!!! :rock: Hope we can complete 1 lap at least:crackup:

Spooner likes this.