Idaho murders

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 5, 2023.

1. E-Van

E-Van Well-Known Member

While both are circumstantial evidence, neither is conclusive proof of guilt without a myriad of accompanying issues.

2. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

pretty sure DNA left at the crime scene is not circumstantial. No way this guy goes free...

3. E-Van

E-Van Well-Known Member

Unless he licked the sheath or bled on it or ejaculated on it, it’s not the rock solid DNA you’re thinking of. DNA comes from bodily fluids, not sweat or oils on the skin.

Some cellular material from skin cells can be transferred by touch but in much lower quantities. Additionally, every person is different and some “shed” more than others. Further, the material/surface of the item can affect the amount of DNA present and environmental factors can degrade the sample. Add in a mixture of other DNA on the item and the picture is even more complicated.

Conceivably it could be that the suspect left blood behind, but the location seems to suggest the much more problematic “touch” DNA.

4. Used2befast

I bet the FBI/Police are tracing his every step prior to the murders and have him at said big box store purchasing the knife...bet they find DNA from the murder victims in his car and apartment.

5. E-Van

E-Van Well-Known Member

Could be, but that hasn’t been disclosed yet and was not part of the conclusive evidence you cited. :beer:

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

How about the eye witness at the scene? That ain't circumstantial.
    Try him. Fry him.

7. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Totality of the evidence gathered LE both physical and circumstantial, witness statements civilian and LE presented to a jury by the prosecution that would prove beyond any reasonable doubt he committed the crime. The state seems to be putting together a strong case.

Also, if you noticed the probable cause released to the public is a redacted version. I'm certain the unredacted version has plenty more information.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I would imagine it's pretty rare to brutally stab people to death with a hunting knife and not cut yourself. Which is also probably why they wanted to see his hands in the police video. So my guess is it's not touch or skin cell DNA at the scene

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

NO...just you. It's been documented on "The other forum".

R1Racer99 and Spang308 like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I suspect they have far more than they are releasing. I wonder if Daddy dearest needs to be concerned.

It's a bit freaky that his sister was in a slasher movie.

OldGuyOnBlu likes this.
  11. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Something that might increase the amount of DNA from the suspect left on the victims could be greater pressure exerted from the suspects hands/arms upon the body of the victim. Just a guess but I'm sure the suspect was holding down the victims with a great deal of force while stabbing them.

The friction between the suspects hands/arms on the victim's bodies I would say could have been very significant.

The amount of time the suspect was in direct contact with the victims would be a great deal more than say just brushing up against them, thus more DNA from the suspect was deposited upon the victim.

The suspects skin that may have been underneath the victims fingernails and when I say skin I mean the meaty stuff

You also have to take in account any hair that the suspect may have lost during the attack.

My days of investigating violent crime are long behind me and were in the early years of my LE career. Hell back then DNA identification was unheard of in criminal forensics.

Remember, they convicted Ted Bundy and Danny Rolling ( Gainesville Ripper) without the use of DNA and got it right.

12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Great point bud, nothing proves your opponent is retarded like calling them names instead of actual debate.

13. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

Any word yet what the motive was?

All 4 were sleeping in two rooms right? How do you stab someone without waking up the other person, then kill them also, all in silence without any roommates noticing/hearing anything? The whole case is chilling on so many levels.

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If you stab someone correctly there's really no noise just a gasp/shocked sound supposedly.
    Plus the surviving roommates did hear a scream.

15. Was wondering the same about his dad, seemed a bit odd to me but who knows.
    What was the guys motive? Seemed pretty thought out (thought out, not well thought out) and had very specific targets.

16. Used2befast

I will venture a guess...in his studies of criminology the guy delved deeply into the sick minds of serial killers and started to envy them.
    (Opinion) Once you go down that rabbit hole there is only a need to fill your addiction. Hence, his casing of the home of the victims then subsequent actions.

17. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

Ive seen more than my fair share of people dying in person. Short of the CNS getting disconnected, its never quick, quiet or pretty.

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

See. You proved it. I didn’t call you a name. I just cited where your lack of intellect is openly chronicled.

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

one theory of motive that is circulating is that the girls worked at a greek restaurant that served vegan food and apparently the accused is a devout vegan. so the speculation, is that he became obsessed with them after visiting their place of work. also have seen some speculation that he is an incel.

20. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

possible areas of defense for the guy is wrong place wrong time, apparently they ordered door dash and it was delivered about the same time the killings happened. also the house was a party / drug house so he could claim wrong place wrong time and or he was just looking to score.

i am not defending the guy or making any assumptions on innocence or guilt just sharing what i have seen and read.