Canada....Why do you put up with Quebec?

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Go Habs, eh?

3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

no... all of Illinois must go. add in Wyoming, Montana and Idaho as keepers too. Ski

tony 340 and sbk1198 like this.
  4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Wyoming wouldn't want fuckall to do with the rest of that list.

5. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I find it funny how people are negative toward a state that’s a thousand miles away and they never visit or at least plan to visit.

I honestly don’t waste a second of any day thinking about Iowa, Georgia or New York.

Gino230, HPPT, rd400racer and 4 others like this.
  6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Seriously.

"Derp derp derp, can't wait to get rid of the states that subsidize our country running, derp derp derp."

-Yokels from states that don't contribute to the national coffers

You'd almost think it was an Onion article.

https://www.moneyrates.com/research-center/federal-income-taxes-by-state.htm

tophyr and R1Racer99 like this.
  7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

And which states consume the most federal dollars?

tony 340 likes this.
  8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, I would move back there!

9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Iowa is nice. Come on over for a visit you might stay!

I grew up in Los Angeles, born in the early '70s. I left around '01? I did the math and realized there was no place in the area Id like to live that I could actually afford so I left when I had a chance. Most of my HS classmates are out of state as well.

I lived in the pittsburgh area about 10 yrs, I enjoyed it there, Id go back in a heartbeat. Ive been in Iowa for 12ish yrs now and really feel home here.

10. Dave Wolfe

You're in FLA now? You're a fucking gypsy! You'll be here in 2 more yrs :Poke:

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Did a job take you to Iowa, or your wife's family? I'm curious, since there isn't really anything in that state that would generally bring you there, unless you are involved with John Deere or the University? I've raced in Eddyville and Keokuk, Iowa and have some good racing friends that live in Davenport.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Lived in Cedar Rapids for 7 months when I was 5/6...to freakin cold for me.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I was wondering why anyone would choose to move there also. Can’t think of anything that would be appealing.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I would welcome the exit of Federal meddling.

tl1098 likes this.
  15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I was an hour east of you.....Riverside Bitches...IE...What....represent.

Basically the same housing path as you, GTF outta cali....I was out there last weekend visiting family. Great Weather...shitty errything else.

16. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

One nice thing about snow belt states is that the homeless are not much of a problem ...

Razr, DrA5 and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. Dave Wolfe

Yep a job brought me out here. I do engineering work for an aerospace company. That was after being out of work for almost all of 2010 when I lost my piloting gig with the financial crisis aftermath.

But Cedar Rapids is a town where folks with average jobs can live decently and raise a family. Lots of young families. Its not like the big cities where couples both work and wait until the woman is in her 30's to have the first child because thats how long it takes financially.

18. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I got nothing against Iowa or any other state for that matter. I grew up in the St.Louis area and went to college in Tuscaloosa AL. I’ve moved all over for work and have been in Southern Orange County CA for the past 5 years. Good and bad everywhere. Taxes everywhere and the feds will meddle as will state law enforcement. I find SoCal to be pretty nice and worth the increased cost of living. One downside is I have no real desire to go to Cancun or the Bahamas in the winter any longer.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Try and buy a pack of smokes there. You’ll hate those fake French for life!

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea a lot of the Midwest is like that outside of the big cities like Chicago.

Even a lot of Texas was like that until recently with the huge jump in real estate. Although it seems like real estate has really jumped in many areas. However in central Illinois, where I grew up it is still very cheap.