1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi RS 7

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

see if you can find them on TURO and drive the shit out of both for a day. then decide.

i rented an (older) M5 comp and drove it up pikes peak. compared to my (older) rs5, it was an absolute joke in terms of drivability. yes it has more room in the back. it had a tune on it but the combo of weird trans and turbos made it require rpms to run . did not care a bit for the interior, could not rate the suspension because it was on winter tires... but i HATE ALL bmw seats. they just don't fit my ass.

my 2 door four ringed car with the engine known for needing rpm's has had a SC added which boosts torque down low, the kw3's make it stick to the road, the interior is beautiful and the seats are perfect. my boy is 7 and fits in the back very well. same for small(er) adults. is it faster than an m5? - depends on how much was done to the M5 :D ...

i can only tell you, those 4.0 Twin turbo engines can easily provide a couple hundred more horses with a nice tune and downpipes, if power is your concern. there's a couple vids out with Q7's and A8's becoming absolute flyers ...

BigBird likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

smart idea!

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Panamera S or GTS.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    Phl218 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bird, I hated the RDX. Drove like a truck and the engine/ transmission felt busy and had to work to keep up. Haven’t driven any of the newer (last 4 or 5 years) models.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Not really. The fuel savings were meager since I had to run premium in the Beamer. The biggest thing was keeping the mileage off the truck as it was much newer and driving around the city was just easier on getting in and out of parking spots and general traffic vs the truck.

I really do enjoy a manual transmission though. The NA I6 in that car was a really good combo with the engine. And surprisingly easy to work on.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

We had a 2018. The trans was definitely busy, but the handling with the SH-AWD was pretty spot on for something that large. You could feel the rear differential move the power around the rear. It was the equivalent of the Audi Sport Differential, but it's on all the MDXs, not just an option like on 'S' Audi Models.

For the price, about $42K we paid for that MDX, along with better service intervals and overall cheaper service vs Audi, the MDX was a great bang for the buck.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  7. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Well...pulled the trigger.

Attached Files:

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Looks good with the red calipers and chalk paint. Give us some interior pics, so remember really liking the interior of the one I saw.

omatter34 likes this.
  9. omatter34

One for now.

Attached Files:

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, that looks good with the red deviated stitching on the seats, wheel, console, and even the seat belts. Also like the aluminum on the pedals and trim versus the old school wood.

omatter34 likes this.
  11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Where's the 3rd pedal? sorry, nope. I would love that Caddy though. My low power vette will have to do in the meantime. :(

12. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Nice purchase, that's a rad car. My daily right now is an A5 sportback with the sport package. The build quality and fit/finish is so good, I've become a big Audi fan.

omatter34 likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

F yeah!!!
    Welcome to the club

any plans on mods?

the TVS tune on my dsg has made a great difference!

omatter34 likes this.
  14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Holy crap! That thing looks amazing.

omatter34 likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Congrats! Looks great

omatter34 likes this.
  16. omatter34

Haven't gotten there yet.
    Drove it a little today and it has checked all the boxes of a fun car for me.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Nice ride.

18. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Damn it! I just wasted an hour!

Phl218 likes this.
  19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You were supposed to wait for this thread to get to 60 pages and vacillate a bunch more over what vehicle you wanted.

You're much too decisive for the BBS.

BigBird and omatter34 like this.
  20. :stupid:

Hell we hadn't even started on which color he should get. :D