1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. What do you mean I got a spare and you don’t? Hell you got a whole spare set!

fastfreddie likes this.
  2. These are the only Michelins it says will fit.

6A1D9860-1CC5-4B7E-BA9B-0EB0DC3EDA28.png
    It says “Max Performance Summer”.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Why the ZP's? I haven't had a flat tire on a car or truck in over 30 years (I don't consider trailer tires in this)....The inconvienence of a flat on the Vette would truly suck but it seems to be very unlikely.

4. The P Zero Corsa tires are the OEM tires. That’s what comes on it.

I was thinking to replace them for some All-Season tires, but apparently there aren’t any available in the stock sizes.

5. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I have these tires on my 2018 Grand Sport for several thousand miles now and they are great. They ride good, handle great and are much quieter than the 4s tires. Unfortunately the likelihood of getting a flat is high in Wake County due to the construction we have. These are the stock tires on the C8 vettes without the Z51 package and are certainly more than adequate for any driving on the street. They also work well in the rain.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Had a flat on the rear with the first set of ZPs. Got it on I-80W, just east of I-81. So, 35 highway minutes from home.
    Michelin replaced it under warranty. Not sure what the warranty is now but I think it was - anything happens in the first year and/or some mileage. Don't remember.

7. fastfreddie

I had and have the PS2 ZPs, a Max Performance Summer offering, same tread pattern as the PS4s. I drove those things, in snow, on the highway while making lane changes over those snow humps between tire tracks, on exit ramps at usual speeds, back country roads AND I live up on a hill. Never a problem that slower speeds wouldn't have made more sane...but who's driving a 'Vette slow?
    Given the 4s are a newerer generation, and the likelihood that you wouldn't run into the snow conditions we have in central PA, I don't see a problem going with the Max Summer PS4.

Realizing that I would get better winter performance with the Ultra High Performance (UHP) All-Season, as in the vid, most of my driving doesn't include 40º temps or less. The few times I do drive in winter, I'm thinkin' I'll be just as happy with the MPS PS4s...haven't made up my mind yet.
    Gigi's new shoes were heavily weighted towards real world all-season here and, should a work day out of town be that inclement, I'd rather have the AWD anyway, thus negating any use of the 'Vette in those conditions. However, taking the chance that I could end up using the 'Vette is what steers me towards the UHP All-Season Michs. Otherwise, it's probably gonna be the newer MPS PS4 as a replacement.

FWIW, TR's ratings do not cross between categories. If the UHP AS Michs were compared to the MPS Michs, the UHPs would not be at the top of the list.

Tires can be one of the most important, and difficult, choices a car owner can make. I hope my inputs help ya out.
    If it were my Porsche, I'd get nothing less than the Mich PS4S. Given your locale, I might even go for a grippier Mich, but then I'm gonna be gauging treadwear concerns.

FYI, I get about 40K out of my PS2s. Any better treadwear than that and the tires might rot on the rims before I wear 'em out. :crackup:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I run my tires till I see air :crackup:

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

PORSCHE Cayenne Cayenne III Turbo 4.0 Turbo 550 | Pirelli

I found Scorpion Winters in the same sizes and load indexes on the Pirelli site, and it looks like Tire Rack has the fronts but doesn't list the rears?
    Front IP 2786200 285/35R22 106V
    Rear IP 4016200 315/30R22 107V

Then I found this IP 3256000 Scorpion Winter 315/30R22 107V on the Discount Tire site, but on B/O so maybe the IP 4016200 is a supercede?

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Wow those tires are expensive. The OE Pirellis are a lot less

11. You are the man!

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

And just found these on Tire Rack

P Zero All Season 315/30R22 107W XL from a Bentley but not a 285/35R22 in a matching tread, rats!

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I am pretty sure for at least the German market that if you're OE you also have to offer Winter tires for the vehicle.

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

see post 1729 again plz

15. Ah yeah, that would make sense.

16. Those Scorpion Winters look like some really good tires, and they are run-flat.

Ideally I’d go with an all-season (like the ones on the Jag).

I’ll see if I can find those P-Zero all-season rears.

17. Shit those Michelins look like some great tires too. It’s nice to know there are options.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Some Scorpion Winters are run flat and some are not. I don't believe these sizes are from what I see?

19. fastfreddie

My options are narrowing down, but...

I want ZPs; I'm limited to the stock size or having to go with a larger diameter, from 18/19 to 19/20, to go wider.
    No reason not to fill out the wheel wells a little more this time around. Doing so means I go without ZPs...unless I also buy new wheels. :(

I'll have to suss a contingency plan. :rolleyes:

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Ok here we go
    The OE P Zero Summers are
    IP 2671200 29.88 diameter
    285/35R22 106Y
    IP 2671300 29.49 diameter
    315/30R22 107Y
    Both are marked NO on sidewall (Porsche spec) and not run flat

If you look at other Porsche, NO spec tires in 21" you'll find these ALL SEASON products
    Scorpion Verde All Season IP 2603600 29.96 diameter
    285/40R21 xl 109V
    Scorpion Verde All Season IP 2603700 29.65 diameter
    315/35R21 xl 111V

And in Scorpion Winters in 21" I found these, and the rear is a touch narrower than OE
    IP 2652900 29.96 diameter
    285/40R21 109V
    IP 2774600 29.41 diameter
    305/35R21 109V

Ok I'm done Chris, send me 2 C notes as I've earned them!

Yzasserina likes this.