The Petrucci Files

Discussion in 'General' started by Used2befast, May 27, 2022.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Is Suzuki just selling that seat like a carnival ride now?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. Used2befast

Ummm...I believe that you can't just contract anyone to ride the bike. They must have MotoGP past or be a test rider.
    But yep...its a carni ride now on a dragon breathing Suzuki

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Yeah, if the bike is on fire, just jump off at the earliest and safest opportunity. Don’t try to save the bike as it was probably headed for the crusher anyways…

Used2befast likes this.
  5. Used2befast

Wonder if his contract will come with a disclaimer :crackup:

6. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

Yeah, JH4 is busy....Healing.... I hope he actually does well, is a test of what MotoAmerica can do vs. MotoGP. Probably be ugly but can always hope

7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Petrux already has raced for years in MotoGP, so it's not much of a MotoA vs MotoGP thing. Even so, I hope he does well.

hotnail and Dragginass like this.
  8. Used2befast

Well he survived Thailand but I bet he is glad the Suzuki stint is over. At least we know the bike can be ridden without a fire incident:crackup:

9. 418

418 Expert #59

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

11. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Iddon would be on the Oxford Ducati as he already has the track knowledge and will be a ton cheaper than DP9.

IMO though, Bridewell would be smarter than stepping from Oxford over to PBR.

JJJerry and 418 like this.
  12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Beaubier.

jd41, Blammo, prm and 2 others like this.
  13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

PJ?…. Again…. Or just JH2

14. 418

418 Expert #59

PJ and it's Rico Suave hair would fit right into that team.

15. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I doubt PJ would go back to a team that kinda screwed him like they did.

Yama-saurus and drop like this.
  16. Yama-saurus

THIS ^^^^ confirmed by conversation at Baaaabah

henry_carlson and stk0308 like this.
  17. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Interesting quote. Is he now complaining about the Dunlops? Bike set up? Something else?
    “We went in March for testing at Misano, and I was riding so slowly compared to the Pirelli guys.
    “I went back for World Ducati Week and they allowed me to test Alvaro’s [Panigale] bike with Pirellis, even with Alvaro weighing 30kg less than me, I was faster in six laps than after two days.
    “It was the most cruel thing racing in the USA and knowing that the potential of the bike was much more.”

https://the-race.com/motogp/petruccis-twilight-years-dilemma-after-second-motogp-farewell/

5axis and rapidzrx like this.
  18. Yama-saurus

It's Danilo stating his frustration of knowing the potential of that bike but the difficulties of the team being able to adapt the bike away from Pirelli tires.

But in talking to BSB friends on Ducati teams and they also use Pirelli, seems to be a Panigale V4 problem and not necessarily Pirelli to Dunlop issue or rider issue.
    Those BSB teams still having woes getting that bike sorted. From swingarms, to offsets, to wheelbase... whatever. Very narrow window to find the setup in.
    Yeah, Sykes just won a couple, but he even said he was able to "ride around" the issues of the Ducati at Donington.

19. Used2befast

I was kinda hoping he would hang around motoamerica but he definitely ain't done racing. Who will land his ride:Pop:

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Hopefully Josh Herrin earned it.