1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Legends cars use sealed engines that come from Charlotte. Any suspicious motors are removed and shipped back to Charlotte for inspection.
    Lemons has a claiming rule, but only the Judges can claim cars.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    G 97 likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just simply seal the engines, no claiming, no protesting.

3. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

There are cost in every sport, if you can’t afford it pick a different sport. Quit trying to change the sport to fit your pocketbook.

Boman Forklift and StaccatoFan like this.
  4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Not in favor of claiming rules, but I've heard of them in Super Modified racing. It was something like 5 or 8k to claim a competitors engine and intended to be a way to allow mods but keep costs relatively balanced. As told to me, it really just punished the best engine builders so who knows if this type of things still exists.

5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

You shouldn`t accuse someone of cheating based on nothing.

My 02.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

We talking about the beeb or Europe?

7. notbostrom

Nttawwt

8. notbostrom

Just caught up on this shit show. I want the last 20 pages of my life back

9. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Or we all sit around back biting each other and watch MA $hit can a phenomenal concept because others won’t pay to play.

It’s broken at the moment. We need to see through our narrow view.

But then again I’m highly simple and delusional.

10. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

It’s racing you will always pay to play, you are delusional and someone that doesn’t get it.
    You keep trolling hoping someone will agree with you and refuse to look in the mirror, you are just so wrong on everything.

11. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

^ We shall see.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Lolol. Vicki is really good friends with one of my wife’s best friends. If you watched that show, she is much nicer in person, than the show made her seem. Her old husband Don was a great guy, the rest of the boyfriends not so much.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    G 97 likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

I don’t know the rules now, but I would suggest a backup bike if it is still allowed.

After spending the time away from work, the money to haul across the country, hotels, food, airfare for your kids to fly in after you drive 3 days, airfare for any mechanics,/pit people, etc., when something goes sideways and your kid is still okay, you want another bike to take through tech, and get back in the game.

Or you want another bike to strip parts from. If you end up with 2 kids racing, and you can swing it, I would gradually buy two theft recovery/crashed bikes and get them up to “b” bike status. Not everything has to be as good as the a bike, but over time it is nice when the b matches the a bike.

It takes time. I started with no backups, then a backup, then a practice bike that stayed in S Cal while the two race bikes traveled around the country in Aussie Dave’s trailer. Unfortunately, when I finally got to that point, Tyler got whacked in the first round of his second AMA season, and everything was put on hold.

Just don’t get overwhelmed with buying it all at the beginning. Work your way forward buying an extra crashed bike here or a motor/swimgarm/fairing stay there. It took me a long time to accumulate all that stuff.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    cav115 and FastByKids like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

“We shall see”

Says the blind man.

GNC likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

I liked Vicki. I thought she was pretty funny at times.

16. Boman Forklift

Yea she has always been good in our group. A couple years ago she moved offices and replaced everything in her new digs. I bought 4 offices worth of decent used furniture from her, at very reasonable prices, to use at the new place we were moving the forklift business too. That wood furniture looked much nicer versus the steel desks we were rocking. :crackup:

G 97 likes this.
  17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

This is so much fun. People with actual experience giving you real world “what it takes” and this statement gives the impression you think you’re the exception to the rule. Fun as hell.

Figure one rider in Jr cup is an average of $5k per round based on some conversations I’ve had with competitors.

tophyr likes this.
  18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

You say it’s broken, but this class has had the most wins by different competitors (5 - tied with baggers) and a 6th rider has finished 2nd. The margins of victory are small. More bikes in lead pack battles than other classes. The racing is close…. really no consistency with a single rider breaking away. Top performers from prior seasons enjoying success in bigger bike classes. From a fan/spectator perspective, it isn’t broken.

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It’s only “broken” because nobody pounded on his door begging for his kids to ride their bikes.

If he has a rider in the mix. Then it’s the best series in the world.

That’s how the delusional mind works.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had no idea who she was when I posted that. Reality TV? It just reminded me of FBF when he paints himself into a corner. It was a tossup with this…

[​IMG]