1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Thank you, that would be awesome.

Possible you don’t remember, but it was almost three years ago that we met you.

My most talented racer is having some issues at the moment which I’m being told is common for girls her age in the sport. She just might hang her leathers up after this year.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  2. jdavis6446

jdavis6446 Well-Known Member

Awesome Josh Hayes. Very nice gesture from a truly genuine person.

cav115 and R1Racer99 like this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So will you listen to #4 and put an end to this madness?

4. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Josh can tell him about that time Grant brought some nerd on an F2 to the races way back. That kid ended up doing pretty good...

Nick_OMC and G 97 like this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh man. Way back.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:crackup:

Yeah. Right. :crackup:

7. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Oh snap

Attached Files:

8. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Dude,

WTF, JR cup is not broken. It has done what it is intended for. Rocco and TY Scott have won SS races this year. Here is a little advice, do not do a Motoamerica race until your kid can run in the top 3 in club races, they should be able to win unless a Motoamerica regular is there.

Here is a hint, build or buy a good 400, step up and have at least some competent suspension set up help for a weekend or two. Be professional here and at the track. At the track never do un-timed laps or slow laps, have specific notes on lap times/track temp/suspension settings for every lap. If possible do club races at a Motoaerica track and set a lap time goal which will put you in the top 10.

Can your kid do top 10 lap times at a Motoamerica track? If the answer is no the shut the FUCK up and get to work. Also if your kid cannot get near the top do not accuse the people who are professional and serious about racing of being cheaters, it sounds pathetic.

Or just put the best bike together within your budget and let your kid(s) club race and have fun. If they kick everyone's ass step up to the next level.

R1Racer99, G 97, 5axis and 2 others like this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s a lost cause. @FastByKids is the prototypical track day rider who never holds his line then complains that others are always moving over on him.

10. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Only a few truly get the point.

TBH, it truly pi$$es me off on the attacks on my kids. Yes, I get it, at the moment they aren't ready. Much like the multiple of other teams that got chewed up and spit out from the series the past few years. I've learned long ago to ask questions to as many people as possible and LEARN.

The board is upset because I questioned shenanigans and the cubic dollar needed for engine builds. Gee, I wonder where that notion was formulated?

Hate me, could give ZERO cares. There are a silent concerned parties that are absolutely ecstatic these conversations are happening.

I'm a narcist, delusional, idiot, C*nt or whatever is thrown around. I absolutely own it.

See ya at Pit...

Done with this thread. As many of you have already done my cell is easily available or a polite pm.

PEACE OUT!

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

12. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Absolutely no one is attacking your kids, you martyr. They are questioning if they are good enough to go MotoAmerica racing. That is not an attack. People are just pointing out where they should be finishing in club racing, for them to have realistic chances or expectations if they do go. Other than that, your kids have hardly been mentioned.

younglion and 83BSA like this.
  13. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Engine builds are unnecessary provided you have a good one, you just have to mount the restrictor plate which anyone can do. But you will need a spare engine. A spare frame. Spare wheels. You will need a good tune. You will need suspension upgrades, which aren't cheap. You will need lots of spares - forks, rearsets, clipons, levers, bodywork, windscreens, calipers, brake pads, clutch, chains at a minimum. To do it right you will use the complete allocation of 8 tires at each event. You will use one can of MGP per event. You will need to change oil and filter for each event with a good synthetic, more frequently if you are conservative. You will have entry fees. You will have travel expenses, the fuel and toll bill crossing the country multiple times is large. You will have lodging expenses if you don't stay at the track.

All things considered you will spend $40k - $50k for a full season, including the cost of the bike, of which the engine cost is only a relatively small component.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes and you are not one of them.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes you ask questions but seemingly never accept the answers. No on is attacking your kids. You it's all you.

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Why do we keep seeing “cubic dollar engine builds”??

who are you having do your engines? They are extremely cheap for parts and service??

Unless you’re talking twins cup or super bike, which I don’t think.

give me an example of “cubic dollars” please

tophyr and G 97 like this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don’t bother.

The truth doesn’t fit his narrative. You’ll never get a straight answer, and if you did, it would be carefully constructed to try and save face for all the slanderous comments he’s made

StaccatoFan, A. Barrister and G 97 like this.
  18. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

No idea. You CAN'T do anything to the engine other than replace the shift star, replace the clutch with a slipper and shim, undercut or treat the transmission, all of which are nice but not required by any means.

Boman Forklift, StaccatoFan and G 97 like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

And for anyone who constantly positions their own children as a shield against their own misguided responses and emotional insecurities BUT then post pictures of them to envoke an emotional response of positive support is truly mental.
    Insanity prevails while you continually deny it while fully embracing it.

DERP

A. Barrister and StaccatoFan like this.
  20. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’m gonna post pics of puppies for the “Awwww” factor too.

upload_2022-8-7_20-56-39.jpeg