1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I need to re-watch the feed. If memory serves, possibly something fell off the bike the turn before the off. They briefly had a replay then didn't go back to it.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Nobody knows nothing, so I'll wait for the Dustin n Stanboli conversation in a day or two

3. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

4. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

The Red Rocket’s Glare

Just as he did at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca during the previous MotoAmerica round, Warhorse HSBK Racing Ducati NYC rider Danilo Petrucci once again recorded the fastest trap speed at Brainerd International Raceway. Petrucci wicked his number 9 Ducati Panigale V4 R up to 159.9 miles per hour on the opening lap of Saturday’s Medallia Superbike race one.

Somebody protest this cheater...

418, KneeDragger_c69 and pickled egg like this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The rest of this season and then th e full season next year.

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

weird

7. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

You misspelled, word...

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

$250k will do it.

Chino52405 and FastByKids like this.
  9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

That was a very odd place for Jake to crash.

10. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

He wasn't protested at VIR, MotoAmerica tore him down and DQed him. Three teams protested at Brainerd because that bike had a massive and obvious advantage through T1 - T3, pulling everyone through there, and in other sections after that it held everyone up. A few people here even noticed and posted in this thread.

The protest procedure used to be different, you paid your money and you got to tear down as much as you could afford to see. Now you must protest a specific item, say spark plugs as an example, and that's the only thing that's checked. So the protest may not find violations, all it says in this case is that the specific items that were checked were ok.

FastByKids likes this.
  11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Just curious, because I don't know, and this is not a post saying guilty of anything, but say I protest your crank and its legal, but they remove your illegal big bore that wasn't protested, and the protest time is up, are you Dq, or is it perfectly fine?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's a little ridiculous. Might as well do away with protests altogether. Or allow protests for acceleration and top speed. :rolleyes:

13. Knarf Legna

That's how the procedure was explained. I believe that the regulations are being misunderstood by officials, the "single subject" refers to a specific regulation, not a specific part.

"3.4.3 Procedure and time limit for protests All protests must be submitted and signed only by the person directly concerned. Each protest must refer to a single subject only and the intention to protest must be notified to Race Direction within 30 minutes of the publication of the results."

Chino52405 and evomach like this.
  14. Knarf Legna

You just have to guess correctly.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

On the flipside, I suppose it's a good way to foster technical innovation.

Knarf Legna likes this.
  16. Knarf Legna

And collect $950 for each protested subject.

17. Knarf Legna

Check your link again, something has been removed.

henry_carlson likes this.
  18. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Was gus penalized race1?

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

interesting...

20. Knarf Legna

Championship points for the race were removed under sanction for regulation 1.21.b. Odd thing is Gus was spoken to in Parc Ferme by an official about the incident and was told he wasn't being sanctioned. But that changed for some reason.

assjuice cyrus likes this.