MotoAmerica I GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Speedfest I Laguna Seca - July/8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 6, 2022.

1. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Really hoping stanboli and the rest of attack can make that portimao wild card happen. If it was just jake going to ride for some random team I wouldn't be too excited, but if its richard and rest of the boys I'd be verrry interested to see that.

badmoon692008, Senna, cav115 and 2 others like this.
  2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

If it hasn't been said, Rocco's interviews are painfull to listen to...

3. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I was gonna post the same earlier today when his name popped up but got called away for work.

He comes off as a B-Movie High School Jock - entitled, arrogant, whiney, and way, WAY overconfident.

I've never met the kid and I know he's young, but boy is he ever hard to root for or empathize with especially when you listen to damn near every other interview (with the exception of the passionate Eye-talian).

drop likes this.
  4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So you're saying he's like Max Verstappen?

MyWayGuy and KMC like this.
  5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Right......
    I heard baggers will get 2 races at their rounds next year.

6. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Have you seen the work Rossi Moore has been doing? Kid got seriously big and he puts that KTM 250 on the box consistently in the Northern Talent Cup. YouTube some of his races, a absolute joy to watch!

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Well they have the dash for cash now so it’s like a race and a half already.

5axis likes this.
  8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

You will probably lose at least half of the smaller teams. The Midwest - West Coast swing is expensive for East Coast teams, many have their bikes transported to save on the budget, it's the only way to make it. Many drive rigs to Road America, then direct to Ridge, Laguna and then Brainerd and fly home in between because fuel costs are easily double what they've been in the past. That may not seem like a big deal but it puts a lot of stress on funding

Having three days of racing with additional races would be more workable because you're already there. Then there's the fan turnout, would they support two rounds?

Only one Twins race stinks!

G 97 and Monsterdood like this.
  9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

And said R6 is only 636cc....

10. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Yep… Imo MA needs to figure out what classes they are going to have, and stop dabbling. This is another reason for doing away with full blown superbikes. Id love to see the following twice at each round:

sstk1000
    ss
    twins
    baggers
    hooligans

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

No way JR Cup is going away, and shouldn't.

sheepofblue, drop, stk0308 and 4 others like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why do they only have one? Any official explanation?

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They need to make changes and figure out some stuff with that class. They have what 15 bikes most races? And it's a kawi cup at this point, it's been on a downward trend the last couple years and they need to fix it fast.

FastByKids likes this.
  14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The explanation use to be cost, now I think they just look at it as a lesser class than superbike supersport and Jr cup. Even though it has the best field and more factory support..

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's too bad.

16. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

It can and should go away as-is, terrible bikes that dont really prep a rider well. Most 14-15 yr olds can ride a twin size bike; and if Gp is the dream, a ninja 400 and the like are nothing like the prototype bike a young rider should be learning on. .

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Oh goody…..more chances for oil downs. I haven’t watched the last couple rounds, but has there been a bagger race that was close, like a junior cup, stk 1000 or 600 class last year?

If there has I missed it. I just remember hugely different performance levels, which means I haven’t watched any of them this year, that I can recall.

Nothing against Harleys and Indians, if they get some close racing I will watch it.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

I already agreed to canceling the New Jersey round in order to help off set the cost of an additional West Coast round. :D
    I honestly think fans would support two Laguna rounds if they were spaced out. Especially when considering Fontana, Sonoma and Tooele are no longer on the schedule. If not another Laguna round, start going back to one of the other former three. Who’s to say it would increase the number of West Coast teams and again, why is travel cost seemingly more of a concern for East Coast teams but not for West Coast teams.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To over simplify it - the east coast teams are the poor folks who think pro racing should be cheaper and the west coast teams are the factories. :D

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: 100%. Already similar and better platforms that do a better job towards prepping younger riders. If I had a kid with skin in the game, I would not place them in Jr.Cup. Wyman in the class pretty much makes the argument for me that’s it’s not the rider development class everyone seemingly wants to believe that it is.