MotoGP | 2022 | Race 11 | Assen | Netherlands | June 24 - 26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 20, 2022.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I’m in agreement with them at this point. Ban them.

2. BHP41

Wouldn’t be a first at all. You forget Aragon.

3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

they already have, well see if they do it again

4. BHP41

Only for the front as far as I’m aware. Not for the rear.

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That looks like it is in sand with a small drop off, don't think you'd be wanting to run off at speed there anyway.

6. BHP41

Looks like the last corner at Assen…..

thrak410 likes this.
  7. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Looks like the green pavement. How do it know if two riders are very close together?

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I like Zarco's comment in the presser, discussing with Ducati management (can't remember who) that if they were still hesitating between Italy or Spain for a 2nd rider, they could still go in between with France.....

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No

Its useful tech. I could see it coming to street bikes if it makes them safer at high speeds.

10. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I think its the rear that got banned for 2023

Nvm my memory is bad

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Banditracer likes this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

FP1 looking like Honda and Suzuki will be doing a rain dance for the race, with 4 of the top 7.

14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Interesting interview with American Racing boss during Moto2 FP1. Said they are bringing Brit Rory Skinner in for a couple wildcards. I also understood him to imply he’d be on team in ‘23. So who is not racing for AR in ‘23?

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Would be cool if they bumped Cam up to MotoGP and the ran Sdk and the grit in Moto2.

I remember reading something in the past couple months saying they wanted to enter MotoGP. I just can’t remember if it was the boss man saying this or a journalist speculating?

16. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

What would imply Cam doing well in GP right now other than getting slaughtered... . Maybe a SBK ride.

17. BHP41

I think it was a journalist that mentioned American Racing has said they are interested in moving to GP.
    The problem still remains that Dorna has an agreement with the other Sat teams that there won’t be another one to cut into the pie. Maybe that will change for ‘24. A lot may depend on how bad the economy will get in the next few years.

18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Cam to WSBK makes most sense to me. They’ve said SDK is on a two year plan. Learn first year, then race.
    There are a lot of good riders to fill a few good seats. Any seat will be a surprise.

edit: Nozane’s seat has to be open. Gerloff, while disappointing relative to expectations, still has reasonable results. And, there’s potential…. Rumor has Oliveira to Aprilia (RNF), who is 2nd rider there?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Cam is on an expiring deal. SDK is on a 2 year deal. It seems seats in Moto GP and WSBK are limited. Maybe he will switch Moto 2 teams

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

think this was missing some info

"This here in Assen is the black hose that, when hit by a tire, creates a pressure wave that triggers the tracklimit sensor.
    It’s around 100 mm behind the curb. "
    -Peter Bom

BHP41 likes this.