1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Disparities vs illegal motors is 2 different things. We still have not seen any evidence that within well built legal bikes, that there is much if any HP differences. I think we have clearly seen that there are multiple levels of rider ability. Where do you think your kids would fit on that spectrum?

2. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Live Timing was REALLY telling last Friday. Plus if you follow past results to what happened last weekend some teams made a significant jump up the field. No, I'm not calling anyone a cheater, was just analyzing data to see where we would stack up if making the jump to MA.

There is a very distinct difference between the chassis. My rookie /uninformed observation is that three different tiers of bikes exist on the grid. Yes, I understand even at JC there is a huge difference in talent that could explain some results.

When two of our bikes were stuck together at Willow Springs we only seen 113mph ish. Seeing 121mph ish last weekend, it was a gut punch.

Not sure what went down. Possible some protests or MA finally sniffing what others have been saying. In all honesty, to quench all the rumors / bickering / etc----They should of tore down the top ten.

Going to be a interesting next round to see how this shakes up and who ends up in the top ten. I's venture to say we will see another shuffle of riders near the top. (opinion)

3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

did Coreys helmet come off? Sounds like a personal problem and not one with the org..

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I've had great results with MotoAmerica Live app. I normally watch them later in the day instead of live, but when I do watch live it's worked just fine.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    Dragginass and noles19 like this.
  6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think like most products and services, the people with great results aren't shouting about it from the mountain tops.

The folks who have had issues air their grievances. And even though they're a small percentage of users, they're the voices that you hear.

7. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

8. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

yeah looked like the helmet grabbed a bit on the air fence and spun around. Looked scary as hell. Glad that giant air bag was there to stop his crash rather than the tirewall.

Also, I'm generally a fan of Live+. There have been a few live event issues: dead mics, a/v problems fading between shots, etc., but the feed seems to have been mostly been reliable this year. Biggest thing is just knowing when they're actually on air for coverage.

- Edit - okay so that power outage at RA was pretty bad, actually delaying the race and ultimately making Petrux DNF.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All paying no attention obviously. Maybe quit being a biased ass and you'll see more....

FastByKids likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, insulting your riders is idiotic. I don't care how cutesy and tiktok relevant the filter is.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably been posted but you don't go around the outside at Superbike speeds coming to the checker, there isn't enough room so you will run off track and in a lot of cases fall down.

lonewrench, G 97, jd41 and 2 others like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because he was in the middle of nowhere and on his feet looking fine. Nothing to attend to, let the rest of the bikes finish and go get him.

13. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Is this rule valid? Yes yes I know, RTFRB:rtfrb:

14. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

At the end of the day just a passionate enthusiast who loves racing. But yes, appears I'm the only who who has shown bias in this thread. :crackup:

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Disagree. Marshalls witnessed him coming off his bike at 160mph-ish. That's friggin horrific in and of itself. Then he was lying on the ground for quite a while. I saw the video of him staggering around when he did get to his feet. They should have been running towards him.

Chino52405 likes this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

It's already been established that supposed 2 minutes was straight b******* and if you can get up all under your own power as a professional motorcycle racer people are going to assume you're relatively okay.

If you need medical attention, don't get up.

G 97, MELK-MAN and Suzuka_joe like this.
  17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I always add 30 minutes to record time.
    Only thing I missed was if they talked to Petrucci

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope.

He was not staggering more than any other rider who has tumbled. He looked fine all in all, limbs all moving properly, not remotely looking concussed, walked away from the track then as the last bikes came by went and crossed. You can see in the footage of Jake/Cam/Mat in T2 that he is already getting up, the little white dot in the back with movement is him. He wasn't laying there for even 30 seconds much less two minutes. By two minutes he was back across track and walking just fine (for a racer) towards the tower.

Not sure where these imaginary corner workers should have been running from either. The ones inside the corner were across a hot track. I sure as hell don't want dead corner workers because they tried to help a rider who was just fine. The next closest were a good hundred yards plus on the outside of one and they had no need to put themselves in danger either for a rider who was just fine.

I have no idea why people are making up shit about this crash and trying to place blame on people who absolutely did their jobs properly. It's ridiculous. His post was a lie, doubt it was intentional, probably did feel like forever, but a lie all the same. He provably didn't lay there for more than 15-30 seconds. He provably was up and walking around fine. He was the one in leathers and protective gear, no one should have been running anywhere.

Gino230, badmoon692008, jd41 and 7 others like this.
  19. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Exactly.

Dragginass likes this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I guess the difference here is that in the USA when there's a crash, the rider is on his own. Elsewhere in the world, 3-4 corner marshals are running toward the rider, no matter what, even before he's stopped sliding.