Official YouTube Video Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 13, 2009.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Cute bears, but this is a horrible idea. These are the bears that Fish and Game officers end up having to shoot because they become nuisance bears. A bear with no fear of humans is on its way to becoming a dead bear.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

True! :(

I love them though! I know you do too <3

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

This is fantastic. no touch tire changer

sharkattack and long path/road like this.
  6. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Meh? Far from "no touch"... Gimmie an old Coats 4040 and I'd have all 4 on the car and sipping a barley pop by then.:cool:

backbone likes this.
  7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hondo likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

how many scratches will a 19" $1K rim with a 30 profile tire have when you're done?

9. Cooter!

None.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm an automation geek, but from a business standpoint, it takes too long. I agree with Cooter, a good installer with a more traditional machine, would get that done in a fraction of the time with no damage. Actually, the cool thing about that video is having a kid do it. And he seemed to be confident in operating it. Nowadays, they'll probably have social services at their door for child labor infractions. I've had a job since I was 7 years old, and I always looked at it as a privilege.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Hey Garth, have you seen this ?

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

it probably takes longer, but thinking about it, with the lack to competent hands-on workers, this machine would pay for itself pretty quickly; no customer complaints, less chance for worker injury, bending and picking up, etc. A couple of these on a work floor and good to go.

14. Cooter!

And pass the huge machine cost on to the customer? No thanks. I can see that thing at the OE level though doing 1000's of the same tires all day/night.

This is more of a comment about society... but if I can't train the latest batch of screen-staring, oblivious youths to do a VERY simple job, is the right solution to coddle them with one more automatic machine?

Now that everyone has back-up sensors/cameras... no one uses their neck anymore. "Well, my car didn't beep, so, sorry about your kid'.

Life is hard. And it SHOULD be.

and yes, GET OFF MY LAWN! :p

BigBird, Saiyan66 and Pride & Joy like this.
  15. APO2112

APO2112 Well-Known Member

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I didn't think cameras were allowed on helmets anymore.

17. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Good stuff and the last one is wild, never imagined using a laser for rust.

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

19. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

20. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

I swear we had them in S. Fla back in the 60's. Walked into a clearing out in the swaps and they covered an old path.