2021 NHL Hockey Season

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Dec 4, 2020.

1. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

It's getting even better than it was!

Ducati89 likes this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Bolts and Flyers...went to the shoot out. Helluva good one.

chobes likes this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Went to my son's game Sunday and this pretty well sums it up.

[​IMG]

MachineR1, Ducati89 and Sabre699 like this.
  4. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

The Flyers snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. Hart has to work in that blocker. Stamkos and Point sent missiles right over it in the shootout.

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

G’s first goal was nasty. Almost had a nasty one against the Flames, which was also a great game.
    Didn’t realize Ellis was going to be so brittle.

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

So, a quarter of the season is done, some surprises (Cough...Vancouver...Cough...) but otherwise lots of parity, and some good hockey being played. Also, just picked up tickets for the Winter Classic in Nashville for me and the kiddo, so, something else off the old Hockey Bucket List!!!

Sabre699 and bullockcm like this.
  7. rd400racer

All the players here, put your stick outside the door for Teddy Balkind tonight. Just a brutal thing for a parent to go through.

chobes likes this.
  8. Ducati89

We had a moment of silence during this past Sunday's open hockey session. Terrible for Terry and terrible for the poor kid that couldnt stop.

9. Sabre699

RIP little guy.
    Just terrible. :(

10. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I put two outside - one for the little guy, and one for a goalie I played with when I lived overseas. Goalie said he was going to die playing hockey, or on a motorcycle. He died after crashing his street bike, Doc said it was instantaneous.

Tribute.JPG

11. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

That was horrific. I heard about the accident, but no details previously. RIP little hockey player, and best of luck to the player who's skate it was.

A friend of mine tripped during a free skate and someone's blade caught his upper arm, clean through the bicep to the bone, was brutal.

12. rd400racer

Yes, it's the greatest time of year again. I was at MSG two weeks ago watching my Rangers destroy the Wings, and tonight they start their quest for the best trophy in sport. Bring it on!

[​IMG]

13. Sabre699

Bolts and Bruins both got smoked last night.

14. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Against your favorite team as well..

Sabre699 likes this.
  15. Ducati89

Panfer's look good with their depth.

Rangers may be a dark horse but I just dont see them taking the cup inless they get productions from Goodrow and Kakko.

Avs are missing Landaskog and thats a big loss.

Pens, caps and Bruins are aging. Will they hold up to the beating?

Hoping Calgary makes at least a good showing. Dallas just has the Pavelski line which is responsible for 45% of their offensive production.

I think the wild and Oilers wind up in the western finals if they can stay healthy. LA may be the western dark horse as they seem to be hot with Iafallo and Kempe.

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Not as big a loss as losing Saros, Im just hoping the Predators don't get swept.

17. Ducati89

Saros, while good, hasnt been great. Like game changing Shestyorkin great. Landaskog is the leader of the group. Preds have lost some depth after the cup. They have a depth issue.

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Eeeeee-gorrr, Eeeee-gorrr, Eeeee-gorrr. :D

19. rd400racer

Yeah, yeah...talk about a downer end of the season. I guess we really are still rebuilding.

On a plus, my son's team won the spring season Stanley Keg last night, so that makes up for the Rangers tanking:D

[​IMG]

rd49 and Ducati89 like this.
  20. Sabre699

Wow...you surprise me. It's never over till the final buzzer. :beer: