1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A guy can dream

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Apr 20, 2022.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

It ain't France!

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

It is a shit show here these days. Meanwhile, the Euros just keep smoking their cigs and sipping their cafes.

I know someone that sold a double wide in Descanso for $550K. That's nuts!

I ain't complaining about Montana tho..... still real here.

3. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

G 97 likes this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

How many acres with it? 5, 10...thats where the money is at. Its nice up there.

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Maybe your problem is Mo'have.

I tried to find the actual property layout on airphotos, and gave up. But it is roughly 265 km to Tavulia, so maybe a 4 hour bike ride.

Property appears to be 8 ha. Don't even consider moving to Italy if you can't think in hectares. :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

motion and YamahaRick like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Housing prices are dramatically increasing everywhere and the market is red hot. Central Iowa is insane, relatively speaking. Houses go on the market for a week for bids to be accepted then closed then sold to highest bidder often above asking price. Several don’t even go on the market as realtors have clients already lined up etc.

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

When I hear Descanso and doublewide think Descanso, CA where they do think in acres. Although there are probably some Hectors around as well. :D:D

motion likes this.
  9. dsapsis

Good point. Always good to work in local currency. Problem is, in Descanso you will be looking at FairPlan to get fire insurance for that doublewide.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

What’s the current water issue in that area?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What's Hector got to do with it?

FWIW, just under 2 acres per hectare

12. dsapsis

Negative, ghostrider.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Almost 2.5 isn't it?

motion likes this.
  14. dsapsis

2.47 and change. A dang acre is only 1/640 of a sq. mile, while a hectare is a full 1/1ooth of a sq. kilometer. Plus, a mile is 80 chains, and a hectare says it doesn't speak chains.

It would be nice if an acre in a square pattern were a nice round number of feet (or chains) along a side, but that's not how Imperial units tend to work. :beer:

The Italy property (not the Descanso!) works out to be about 20 acres, with almost half of that in chestnut orchard.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Google is hard. :D
    multiply the area value by 2.471

In U.S. land surveying under the Public Land Survey System (PLSS), a section is an area nominally one square mile (2.6 square kilometers), containing 640 acres (260 hectares), with 36 sections making up one survey township on a rectangular grid.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Out fucking around on the acres. LOL 941E0A58-2C5E-421A-A579-275EF86F6797.jpeg

17. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Come on, that's chump change for you! Sign the deal, get yourself an old grizzled Italian caretaker and you are golden.

motion likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn phone. Dave is absolutely correct

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Bird has really f^%^cked me over lately. I could be living in this place already.

20. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

So leave, left in 2005, I'm back in the US around 2 months a year on average. I get a track bike when longer. The US is what it is. After living in a lot of 3rd world countries I appreciate how the US works and is fast with customer service. But I'll take all the slow ass 3rd world come as it is, than the barage of the 1st world save you convienice headache problems